Archinect
anchor

Rhino/VRay Question

BabbleBeautiful

I'm trying to match my plan view flattened (2D) lines image with my top view rendering, but it just doesn't quite match up. Is it possible without major tweaking of the 2D lines image?

I'll post images if it helps to illustrate my goal.

Many thanks in advance...

Jun 14, 12 3:10 am
BrianYamagata

From the sound of it, what you're experiencing is simply perspective/vanishing point. Since the rendering is of a 3d object, it won't be entirely 2D from the top view; there's still a vanishing point. You can remedy this either 2 ways. First, you can adjust the Vray camera until you get the rendering as flat as possible, then overlay the 2D plan. Or second, you can just adjust the rendering in Photoshop until it matches up. Use the Transform>Perspective/Distort tool to get the results you're looking for!

All in all, adjust the rendering, not the 2D plan.

Hope that helps. 

Jun 14, 12 4:21 am  · 
 · 
BrianYamagata

By the way, I was assuming that you were going after an image similar to this

http://www.alexhogrefe.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/alex_hogrefe_site_plan_photoshop_illustration.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1338863859904

Jun 14, 12 4:23 am  · 
 · 
BrianYamagata

Sorry, couldn't get the image to load properly. Anyways, check out the root site of that link. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there!

Jun 14, 12 4:32 am  · 
 · 

Perfect! Thanks Brian.

Jun 14, 12 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: