Archinect
anchor

Design sheets

Hasselhoff

How many design sheets should I prepare? You want to give enough of a taste, but you don't want to give away the whole enchilada. I was thinking two? I have one that shows kind of more digital stuff, then the other that shows some hand drawing/digital collage. Thoughts

Jan 26, 07 8:01 pm

what for?

what exactly is a design sheet anyway?

Jan 26, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 

^^I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering that.

Is a 'design sheet' like a teaser portfolio?

Jan 26, 07 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Is it like a head shot?

Jan 26, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I have five prepared, but I have a bulky portfolio with 4 professional projects and 3 school. I'm a few years out of school now though. So I have 5 teaser sheets, showing 1 professional and 2 more or less personal projects. They are 8 1/2x 11 and I had multiple non-architects very very very kindly pore over my pictures and help me pare them all down to about 3-4 per page. Very difficult process but very rewarding... taught me to clarify what I wanted to show with each project, which then helped me interview better.

Best advice: Keep it VERY simple. NO BELLS OR WHISTLES. Make it tie nicely in with your resume, without allowing the format to constrain or badly show your work. If you're just getting out of school, put anything professional at all that looks even semi-decent on there. If you haven't worked a single architecture job yet, I would recommend 2 pages of school work, perhaps 3 at a maximum. Make sure the images read well at small scale and are attractive.

Jan 26, 07 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

its cold out so i am using flannel sheets right now...

Jan 26, 07 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Hmm, guess that isn't a common term. Everyone here uses it. Yeah, basically it's just a little teaser to include with the resume when applying for a job.

Jan 27, 07 1:17 am  · 
 · 

not common term for me...

but anyway, have (strangely?) never used one.

i have something similar to show clients when pitching for a job, but when looking for a position in other office only sent cover letter and cv, sometimes with a few thumbnails on page. has always been enough, somehow.

if i was to include them i think myriam's approach sounds good...

Jan 27, 07 1:30 am  · 
 · 

lol hasselhoff

Jan 27, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: