Archinect
anchor

HELP: i need info on Piazza Del Campo, Sienna

sundus

hey, i need some info on Piazza Del Campo, it's in Sienna, Italy ... i got the general history but am pretty desperate for a plan and drawings ... it's quite urgent ... any help is welcome ...

Jan 23, 07 12:04 pm
accesskb

Grab the book "Design Strategies in Architecture" if you can. The design of the piazza is discussed in the book, short but through. You will learn a lot if you're still new to architecture and design.

Jan 23, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

1. it is spelled siena.
2. this search took a millionth of a second.

Jan 23, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i made it up the stairs of the tower without stopping to catch my breath. those were the days.

Jan 23, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

all those uneven stairs up the tower with the low ceiling and no railing...that was a nerveracking trip up, but the view was worth it

i got to spend 4 weeks in siena (mildly doing schoolwork but not really)
it was pretty cool

Jan 23, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

i dont have any plans or drawings, but if you want any photos, let me know and what of, i took a lot while i was there

Jan 23, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Scale 1:10.000

Jan 23, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Scale 1:5.000

Jan 23, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
matteo
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/skymatt/2000.png

Scale 1:2.000

Jan 23, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Scale 1:2.000

Jan 23, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Scale 1:1.000

Jan 23, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
filo

isn't it a place with attitude?

Jan 23, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
sundus

erm, photographs are also gud but the deal is im getting alot of aerial views online ... if u got some gud persperctives of the facade, the fountain, the chappel, any nice detail ... pretty much anythin tht can become an interesting sketch n will help in analysing the place ... and Filo, it isnt really a place with altitude, altough it's surrounded by hills n is in a depression, from wat i've read ...

Jan 23, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

he said attitude..not altitude.

Jan 23, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

I'm sure you can find anything you need here:

(Plans, Pictures, Details, Description of almost every building on the court).

[url=http://db.biblhertz.it/exist/siena/siena.xq?start=121&howmany=20] Siena [url]

Data sheets from 132 to 156 on pages 7 and 8.

Jan 23, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Damn, I forgot the backslash!

Jan 23, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
sundus

i was assuming it was a mistake :|

Jan 24, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
sundus

matteo thank u sooo much.the pics and the plan were really useful..the only problem was that we couldnt understand the info..i know its a lot to ask but could u possibly tell me a way to translate it or somethin...

Jan 24, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
matteo
Babelfish
Jan 24, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
sundus

heyy could u recommend any sites where i would be able to get DETAILED technical drawings.sections,elevations, floor plans on the campo??we now need to analyse the individual buildings namely palazzo publico and torre del mangia...so tech drawings of these would be really helpful..

Jan 31, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
filo

roughly i would say that unless you find someting on www.comune.siena.it, you have to go to siena and get hold of some old drawing on the archives, if they aren't been studied before by some other students, and that it is higly possible, and also with great chances it could have been in florence at facuty of architecture, or just call the municipality

anyway in which contest are you doing this research and what is the aim of your researching? why siena?

Jan 31, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

Also, google "palio" which is an 800 year old annual horse race that takes place in the campo. I also have pictures. E-mail me if you want them.

Jan 31, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I saw an Adami exhibit in the basement of the castle. His lit paintings set in the dark brick archways were incredible.

Also, I asked a friend to get me a gelato while I was sitting in the campo, and it melted all down his arm by the time he brought it back to me.

Hope this helps.

Jan 31, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
sundus

hey, also if u guys have anything on Delphi, greece, cud u just share .... any kinda drawings or info n stuff ...

Feb 8, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: