Archinect
anchor

CDT exam

sureel08

has anybody taken the CDT exam? im registered for it and was interested in what to expect on it.....is it necessary to buy the competed books on the formats like master format, uniformat, pageformat etc or should the project resource manual cover them all in enough detail to pass the exam.....thanks

Jan 22, 07 8:41 pm
Ledoux's Eye

The CDT exam is an excellent exam. You definitely should have the Project Resource Manual and Masterformat. This is a multiple choice exam and if you study the material identified in the study outline, you should do fine. There are no tricks. The study outline tells you exactly what will be on the exam.

I also suggest that you contact your local chapter of CSI. They may provide study seminars for this exam. Go to csinet.org to find links to local chapters and other good information. You are making a wise choice to study for this exam.

Jan 23, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
sureel08

thanks for the response. i have the project resourse manual and the study outline. the resourse manual itself covers all of the formats listed but does it cover it them in enough detail for the exam or will i need to buy the other books on each of the formats. im currently a m.arch student so im just making sure that i dont have to spend the extra 300- 400 $ for the format books if i dont absolutely "need" them to pass the exam....thanks

Jan 23, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

The Project Resource Manual comes with a CD that contains Section Format, Page Format, Uniformat and Masterformat, so you should have it all. If the CD is missing, you should probably contact CSI to see about replacing the CD or buying the other materials separately in hard copy (I haven't checked the prices recently, but these are resources that you will benefit from having). However, I do not think that all of these formats combined add up to $300-400. Page Format and Section Format are only a few pages each. Masterformat and Uniformat are larger books, but are still affordable.

One thing to keep in mind about the exam is that the Project Resource Manual covers a lot of material that you will not need for the CDT exam, so stick closely to what the study outline defines. The PRM covers material for CCS, CCCA and CCPR exams, in addition to the CDT exam. The CDT exam is the prerequisite exam that you must pass before being eligible to take any of the other, more advanced, exams. Good luck.

Jan 23, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
sureel08

thanks alot for the info...i just found the cd today but didnt know it had all of the info for the fomats on it. time to start studying it.

just incase you were wondering the master format 2004 book was $109 on the csi website and i think the others were around $90 (but not toatally sure)

Jan 24, 07 12:09 am  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

Sounds like you have everything you need. I was unaware that the cost of the materials had reached that level, but I still think you will find it worthwhile.

Jan 24, 07 12:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: