Just a question to all of u...
what would be the salary range in nyc for someone...with

Dip.Arch, B.EDS M.ARCH
8 years experiences in canada
Design experiences in top leading design firm in shanghai and
1 year local nyc experiences

THanks!

Jan 22, 07 7:00 pm

on the left hand side of the page, there's a bunch of links. Click on the one called "Salary Poll" and look for people will similar stats.

Jan 22, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

how badly do want to live in new york?

how badly are you willing to live in new york?

Jan 22, 07 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Connecticut is just north of New York City....and the living is alot better!

Jan 22, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
MollyB

yes i want to be in nyc for now at least. I did checked those salary poll from archinect..but I'm not sure if its that accurate.??..

Jan 23, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

With your sweet kick ass experience I'm willing to bet a NYC firm might even pay you to work there.

Most people have to pay out just to work in NYC. The city is so bitchin' cool it's totally worth it though.

Jan 23, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

The salary poll is just individual experiences, not an average. So you'll get some really high numbers and some really low numbers mixed in there, and it's up to you to extrapolate your own conclusions from that data.

Jan 23, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
MollyB

aquarpura- thanks! I do hope to get in some big international firms here. any good suggestion? like som, kpf....etc.....

any new yorker working here in manhattan, advice welcome?!

Jan 23, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
boxingskirt

you have a lot of experience and should get the higher numbers in the salary poll...
i hear via an engineer friend that SOM just got lots of new work and is hiring a boat load of people right now. you can see all the postings in the jobs section here and on craigs list.
good luck!

Jan 23, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
MollyB

I know its a bit awkward to ask this specific question but...really with my experiences, do you think its too much if I ask for at least
$65-70k?

Pls be honest...

Jan 24, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

^ $65-70k is definetly not out of the question.

Check your e-mail, I have salary data to send to you.

Jan 24, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: