Archinect
anchor

Co-op / Work for Credit Architecture Programs (US & Canada)

WCdash1

Curious if anyone knows of architecture programs that offer Co-Op / Work for Credit programs during the school year (not the summer) in the US or Canada?

So far the list includes:
U Cincinnatti
University of Waterloo (CA)

Thanks.

Jan 22, 07 5:09 pm
rehiggins

The Boston Architectural College…not quite co-op, more like concurrent--you work during the day and take classes at night and sometimes on Saturdays.

Jan 22, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
chingale

Just got back from visiting UBC architecture program in Vancouver. Their program offers co-op. It provides a good tuition reduction for CAN and permanent residents because their tuition fees are so low. As a U.S. citizen, I was told that it didn't make sense to consider co-op as I would have to work too many hours to account for the international tuition fee difference. But the international student fees, in total, are still lower than most public-funded US arch schools. The UBC Graduate Program advisor should be able to answer all your questions.

Jan 22, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
switters

northeatern university, boston

Jan 23, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Drexel University in Philadelphia, and the New School of Architecture in San Diego also offer co-op programs. The format of the Drexel program is similar to that of the Boston Architectural Center. I think the New School also follows the same format, but I don't know as much about that program.

Jan 23, 07 7:58 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Dalhousie (in Halifax, Nova Scotia)

Jan 23, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 

Georgia Tech

Jan 23, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 
n_

clemson university has a co-op program for students in charleston, sc.

grad students can co-op for a year and undergrad can co-op for a semester.

Jan 23, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

I think Carleton offers co-op as an option.

Jan 23, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Some of the best graduates that I have interviewed over the years came from Waterloo which is a 7 seven program with multiple co-op terms. Most I have spoaken with graduated with a good level skill experience and knowledge of the profession.

Jan 23, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I believe Wentworth in Boston has a strong coop program.

There is also Fred Stitt at the San Francisco Institute of Architecture.
If your into organic...and more organic....

Jan 23, 07 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: