Archinect
anchor

Holy Shit/Chinese Genius!

Hasselhoff
http://www.fellowlike.com.tw/en/?d=product7

Quite possibly one of the greatest things ever. Watch the video. Read the FAQ. Amazing!

Jan 21, 07 7:12 pm
strlt_typ

post of the year!!!!

Jan 21, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

that music with the video is priceless

Jan 21, 07 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
binary

brown trout can not swim free

Jan 21, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Jan 21, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I think there is something wrong with that dog. It shits like every 3 feet. I love the awesome translation that continually calls the poop, shit.

Jan 21, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

wow. the way he pats the dogs a$$hole after replacing the pouch...

i've seen dogs that shit-walk before. not sure why they do it, some dogs just roll like that i suppose.

Jan 21, 07 9:07 pm  · 
 · 

thats fucking animal cruelty.
anybody who has a real dog knows the best way to clean after your dog is to use a plastic grocery bag and if dog shit grosses you out get a pet worm. what the fuck.

but ofcourse my comment was about a useless maybe the worst designed product i've seen lately. not on the quality of the discussion thread, which might take the architectural world by storm this coming monday at the office..

background music is a tear jerker.

Jan 21, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Yes, it's on embodied energy. Not really. My friend linked me and thought I would share. Maybe someone cold use it? Social impacts? Fabrication? Materials?

Jan 21, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm. didn't think of those issues and angles..

what got my attention though is the product info tid bits like;
ONE BOX OF DROPPINGS POUCH (TWENTY PIES)
and brilliant firm name;
FELLOWLIKE PET PRODUCT CO., LTD.

and yes faq's section.

funny shit,.

Jan 21, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
proxy

13. After taking the droppings pouch out, if no any trash tank available to dump the dirty droppings pouch, how should I do then ?

Ans.: We recommend you buying a dog pack and put it on the harness; if no trash tank available, put the dirty droppings pouch into the pack and dump it after finding a trash tank. If you worry about the pack being hit by shit in the loaded droppings pouch, use a plastic bag to enclose the dirty droppings pouch before putting into the pack (the plastic bag is excluded from the "Super Catcher" devices).

Jan 21, 07 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yo' dawg............. why you carrin' shit on yo' back son'

Jan 21, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I see you weren't listening to my presentation. The potential energy within the shit is not embodied energy. Don't you remember the slide with the guy sanding the burning chair?

Jan 22, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
Katze

This is all just really grossing me out!

I don’t know why but I am remembering a skit (SNL?) about extraterrestrial beings questioning who is the boss on this planet we call earth – humans walk around picking up dog dung – dogs must rule the planet earth!

Jan 22, 07 12:51 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

as the caretaker of a 90lb chesapeake bay retriever, this thread and the product discussed brings up a situation with which i experience continual dumbassification. and this product

my dog's 'droppings' are big like gangbusters. she's a big dog who likes her chow, and quite literally the things that come out of her but are huge, and i have to pick them up all the time. no big deal, i've been a responsible dog owner for fifteen years...the only thing grosser than dog poop is the dog owner who's no longer grossed out by dog poop.

my problem is this...i hate that all the plastic poop bags i use which COULD have been recycled, are now destined for the landfill filled with dog poop. my dog poops twice per walk two times per day. that's 28bags per week or nearly 1500 per year. she's eleven, so that makes about 16,000 poop filled new york times, safeway, albertsons, rubios, etc bags now in landfills near you and/or me. now, we lived in rural vermont for many years so for quite a while her poops just rotted naturally in the woods...but it illustrates the point nicely. and until recently, i used to have TWO big dogs. sheesh.

this forum (and this thread in particular) is obviously filled with the real deal intelligentsia, so anyone out there have any tried and true solutions to this problem?

i don't really have the space to compost it, and even if i did...could i?

seriously. this is a problem i have as a clean-livin' kind of guy who likes to think that he makes genuinely informed consumer decisions regarding environmental sensitivity and air quality and all that shit.

but this one stumps me.

and for the record, i don't think the little 'pies' to hold droppings are the answer, but it's dynamite design!

Jan 22, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

mightylittle, if you're so concerned, carry a small trowel and dig a pit to bury the poop in soil...i dont think that a big deal is it?...i've never owned a dog?...

Jan 22, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
Mulholland Drive

Nice that a living animal has been reduced to another mechanical object for humans to operate...watching the video reminded me to change the filter on the vacuum cleaner.

Jan 22, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I wonder if some type of poobag could be made from a biodegradable product. I've wondered about that. The poo should just rot in peace. I don't have a dog, but yeah, it's stupid to wrap it in plastic only to not go back to the earth.

Jan 22, 07 1:23 am  · 
 · 
binary

what if the dog ate some spicy tai food and then some wheaties...... i dont think it would look like mr.hanky on the way out....

Jan 22, 07 1:26 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

cryzko,

actually, with wheaties (fiber)...you might get some solid shit (sorry)...or mr. hanky in your terms...

Jan 22, 07 1:48 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I say we train dogs to use the human toilet. WAAA!!!!

Jan 22, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

dammson - great idea. though i don't think the neighbors would approve.

i used to have biodegradable bags but what's the point? they're just going to biodegrade within the confined landfill anyway.

nobody has any experience with shit-composting i guess. i think they compost human waste in rural china, and then use the slurry to fertilize the rice paddies, though it hasn't exactly caught on in the bay area.

Jan 22, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I saw this thing in a catalog once, but you need a yard. BAsically, you dig a hole, not really sure how deep it goes, but it has a little cap. Kind of like a dog doodie septic tank.

Jan 22, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

"Custom orders are welcomed, we can incorporate your logo, pattern, color and packaging."

HMMMMMMMMM.

Jan 22, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh my god! You're a genius, nambypambics!

Jan 22, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

my boys would be not take kindly to this device.....logo or no logo.

Jan 22, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

WonderK -

GO TO BOTTOM

Jan 22, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
ether

one of my dogs shits in a circle. no shit.

Jan 22, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

good way to lose a hand mister...

Jan 22, 07 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics
http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9M5ddlZOYg

japanese genius

Jan 23, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

WOW. I haven't the words to say anything but, WOW.

Jan 23, 07 1:48 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

I'm waiting to see this re-purposed for human use. One could strap on a feedbag and you'd have the whole intake/output cycle covered (literally).

Jan 24, 07 2:46 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

namby- why is the white guy with the knife wearing panties on his head? Is this a universal bogeyman type?

Jan 24, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: