Archinect
anchor

heres another Mies-runs-through-it design by OMA

contemax

REM will boykott competitions? yes please do it ...now!
... or change your interncrew ...

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=815

Jan 19, 07 2:43 pm
Chch

Why do you dislike OMA so much?

Jan 19, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

mies wrapped around a factory
http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/news_images/1000%20OMA%20Art%20Museum%20Riga%20Structural%20Framing.jpg

what's next? Kahn wrapped around Le Corbusier?
http://www.quondam.com/26/2523.htm

Koolhaas is so reenactionary. I love it!

Jan 19, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
contemax

Chch, dislike? no, lets call it disappointed...
after the poor GASPROM proposal, now this boring Riga Museum and the dicussed Shenzhen Tower I'm getting a little sceptical ... or maybe I had to big expectations in his/OMA's creativ potential

Jan 19, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

I have the same question as Chch. Whats wrong with OMA? It seems that there quite a few people on here that really have it out for Rem. I don't get it. If you wouldn't mind explaining your dislike I would like to read it.

Jan 19, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

heres a better question....what's right with OMA?

Jan 19, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

i like it. a lot

Jan 19, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

"Please, one question at a time. Can't you see I'm thinking?!?"

Jan 19, 07 3:54 pm  · 
 · 

I still like Mr. Koolhaas and his building designs

Jan 19, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Client

IT'S EASY TO HATE OMA FOR BEING CORNY OR TRYING TO BE IRONIC
OR JUST HAVING BAD STYLE BUT IT'D HARD NOT TO APPRECIATE THE GENIUS OF THEIR GRAPHIC PUBLICATIONS. HONESTLY, I THINK THEY'RE KINDA STUPID BUT THEY ARE DEFINITLY ORIGINAL. THEIR ARCHITECTURE ITSELF IS NOTHING GROUNDBREAKING, I FIND A LOT OF IT GENERIC (not all of it). AND THAT THING THEIR DOING IN BEIJING IS ALREADY BORING. (to me)

Jan 19, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey all you fancy ...

Jan 19, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

graphics lovers?

Jan 19, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

{suspected OMAsexual}

Jan 19, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
Becker

i have to love rem for making capitalism cool in architecture...

Jan 19, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

he's pulling a robert venturi...

Jan 19, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"hey all you fancy ..."

I must protest --- before the interiour structure and it's role in the structure was newer the issue, the structure as a homogen body ,the floors and walls , the increadible options to realise something else than a floor or wall as alian or added later and hidden by the architects limited perception of the structure to be the outside view , the spetacular acting of the exteriour expression only , ---- Now we are back to first year student perception of the structure as compleetly alian towerds the interiour , and yes these was vain complains ; it was more exiting before, when they simply robbed their projects with a screen grapper.

Jan 20, 07 6:44 am  · 
 · 
Becker

vindpust makes a good point. its shit.

Jan 27, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: