Archinect
anchor

Converting NTSC video to PAL

igloominaire

I have an NTSC format video tape that I need to send to someone in a country where PAL is the standard. Anyone have any insights on converting from NTSC to PAL - like is there any quality loss? If so, any way to avoid this? Any recommendations on businesses local to Los Angeles that specialize in this?

Aug 3, 04 11:28 pm
R.A. Rudolph

I have had it done both ways - don't really lose any quality that I noticed though my quality was not great to start with so who knows... There are probably many companies in LA that do it - the one I used was on Wilshire or Santa Monia in a 2 story mini mall just west of the 405 - sorry I don't remember the name and it was a while ago. But there are so many post-production places in LA it shouldn't be too hard. Also it might cost some $$ - my stuff was short so it wasn't too much but I think they charge by the minute.

Aug 4, 04 1:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: