Archinect
anchor

exterior wood panels

marmkid

Has anyone ever used wood panels on the exterior of a building? For some reason (probably something stupid i am doing) I am having trouble finding a company that offers wood panels or boards for the facade of a building. I suppose they need to be larger than normal, maybe 4'x8' tall.
Anyone think of somewhere they found something similar off the top of their head?

Jan 15, 07 4:11 pm
snooker

Steven Ward might have some deluxe wood paneling to sell....from his old bathroom. I'm sure it is on the market at the going rate of $15.00 a running foot.

Jan 15, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
aseid

check out prodema

Jan 15, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

there's also engineering woods like:

-parklex
-trespa

both which come in the sizes you stated

Jan 15, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
binary

13 layer ply and spar urethane and you are good to go

Jan 15, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

thanks for all the help, it made things a ton easier

Jan 16, 07 10:40 am  · 
 · 
b_dub

i cant remember the name of the company off the top of my head, but there is a place that makes skateboard ramp panels that can also be used as building panels maybe if you google it

Jan 16, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

b_dub is talking about RampX, although if you're planning to use it for an architectural application, the supplier will sell you RampX (but refer to it as Richlite) and charge you 3x the price.

Jan 16, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

good to know, thanks b_dub and dml

Jan 16, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: