Archinect
anchor

boat facility examples?

Manz

so part of my terminal studio project is designing for a non-motorized boating facility in Vancouver. sounds interesting right? well im trying to find some great prescedents that deal with boat storage structures, launchings, docks, etc... if you know of any great projects, please send 'em my way. thanks all!

Jan 12, 07 3:38 pm
freq_arch

I think I saw a post very similar to this a while back. Do a search. I think the project that caught my eye was on the Hudson river in NY.

Jan 12, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh man there are a ton of those.... hmm.

Jan 12, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller
jobsite pics

has a really nice boat house...

Jan 12, 07 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

the chesapeake boathouse by elliott + associates was in either arch. record or metropolis a few months ago...

miller hull partnership did the coaches boathouse at the university of washington...

also, emerging new york architects had a competition a few years ago for a boathouse at greenhoek... here's the online exhibition

there are more, but i can't come up with them right now...

Jan 12, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Terminal Studio? Boathouse? Sounds like a UO student-

Check out the Ian Ritchie London Regatta Center

http://www.ianritchiearchitects.co.uk/projects.html

Jan 12, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
maam

vjaa, a boat house for the u of m rowing team. (vincent james.)

Jan 12, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

vincent james' rowing club:
http://www.archidose.org/Sep03/092203.html

Jan 12, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the green hoek competition was a competition i really really enjoyed/got into. if only they were all so fun.

Jan 12, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn
Bouroullec

Projects >>> Floating House (Last one)

Jan 12, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I want to say that James Cutler did a nice boathouse but I'm wracking my brains and i don't think it was him. billie tsien, maybe? no... dammit! Argh.

Jan 13, 07 1:12 am  · 
 · 
misterTT

a third or fourth vote here for the Vincent James project.

also, I'm not sure who won or actually built the Yale boathouse project, but Weiss/Manfredi's proposal was pretty nice. you might look into that project, there are probably more proposals out there.

I want to say Tod WIlliams/ Billie Tsien have a boathouse project somewhere...anyone care to enlighten us?

oh yeah, whose terminal studio are you in at UO?

(this has GOT to be UO, you're right appleseed)

Jan 14, 07 1:37 am  · 
 · 
Manz

y'all are correct! GO DUCKS! haha. so this inquiry was for our 'terminals' with Nico Larco. thanks for the input guys! really appreciate the insite.

Jan 17, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: