Archinect
anchor

Who are your favorite practicing architects? (POLL)

I made a survey to see who some of our favorite architects are. Please take a moment to fill it out.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R9BZLVS

In a week or so I can share the results.

Jun 5, 12 3:03 pm

I should add that this is for a school project, not marketing. Thanks!

Jun 5, 12 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

the 10 pick minimum is annoying.

Jun 5, 12 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

yeah, the firms you'd want to work for voting is super skewed: I wouldn't work for more than around 4 of those listed but had to pick 6 more for my answer to count, and you'll never be able to tell the real answers from the filler answers.

Jun 5, 12 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Q1: Pick 10 favorite architects.

Q2: Pick 10 firms you'd like to work at.

List 1 and list 2 have not a single shared practitioner.

Even in survey form Architecture is frigging cruel.

Jun 5, 12 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

why does the survey assume that you have to work in the corporate arena? That 2nd list looks more like a pick your 10 least favorite architecture firms.

Abstention.

Jun 5, 12 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

i agree with i r give up and rationalist, asking for a *minimum* of ten 'favorites' is frustrating to survey-takers and likely to yield you a great deal of meaningless, filler data. you'd likely get more usable data (and have an easier time getting people to take your survey) if you asked people to choose 1-3 responses per question.

as for the content, i am curious about why your survey offers such a disparity between a list of predominantly small firms and theorists (and have often emphasized a particular individual within a firm, e.g. hani rashid of asymptote) as possible 'favorite architects' and a list of large, generally multi-national corporate firms as potential 'dream employers' - what is it you are hoping to glean from this exercise?

Jun 5, 12 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for your comments, they are very helpful. I agree that the 10 is annoying. I am trying to ask two unrelated questions.

1. Which of these small/boutique/star architects do you like the most

2. Which of these firms would you most like to work for.

Jun 5, 12 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"I agree that the 10 is annoying"

Don't be so hard on yourself 10.

Jun 5, 12 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

cool story bro.

fix your poll.

Jun 5, 12 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

other selection with write in would be nice as some of my top 10 aren't there.

difference between would like the salary/comp and project work are very different - I'm not sure what you expect to get out of this.

Jun 6, 12 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

There aren't 10 architects on that list whose work I "favorite," so I can't answer the survey. At most there are five. Sorry.

Jun 6, 12 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

2 here

Jun 6, 12 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: