Archinect
anchor

Basic version of portfolio, any thoughts?

MaryamD

Dear anyone who reads this,

I'm applying for internships in Norway this fall, and would really appreciate comments or thoughts regarding my portfolio.  This is a version with a mock cover, no CV and such.. 

http://issuu.com/-md-/docs/port

Thank you!

Jun 4, 12 11:56 am
kunal.ghevaria

Remember that the portfolio has to be seen without you around to explain anything, and add text to every image and drawing telling people what to look for, if you're trying to point out / emphasize something. Don't think anyone will see what you think is the obvious thing to see.

Jun 4, 12 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Dani Zoe

how are you binding this? there are text and important bits of images in the gutter (the wedge of space where two pages meet), most binding techniques will obscure that area

Jun 5, 12 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
MaryamD

To anarchytecture; Thank you for your advice. I will do changes accordingly and update the portfolio today. Hopefully it will become more communicative.

To Dani Zoe: I was planning on using this layout for the online version, and change some of it for the printed version, which will contain more projects. Do you think that will do for an internship application?

Jun 6, 12 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Onigiri

Hi there. I was looking at your portfolio and I have some comments to share. 

When you make your portfolio you should pay attention to the form of your texts. I can see that you don't "justified" it. You should do it, it'll be cleaner (with some software like InDesign, you can change your text presentation). Also, try to contain your comment in one page. I can see that in the second and third page, the text is spreading out the second page. If you print a paper portfolio, it would be very difficult to read it.

I don't know if I'm very understandable...My English isn't very good.  

Best regards

Onigiri, french architecture student.

PS : I love your models and the pictures of them. They're awesome.

Jun 6, 12 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Dani Zoe

It should be fine if you break those text boxes before you print. I like to make my digital portfolio easily printable, since some employers will in fact print them out if they are interested.

Jun 6, 12 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
MaryamD

To Onigiri; Wow, I can't believe I missed that! Thank you so much. And I'm very happy that you liked some of the work!

To Dani Zoe; Good point about the portfolio to be easily printable for employers. I decided to break up the text, hope it'll be better now.

http://issuu.com/-md-/docs/port

Here is the new version of the portfolio. I'm kind of nervous as to if the work shown will be enough to catch the interest of someone sitting on the "other end of the table", as I haven't really shown this portfolio to anyone in the profession.

All comments are welcome

Jun 10, 12 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: