Archinect
anchor

AIA Podcast anyone?

emilyrides

Over the last few weeks I have 'discovered' podcasts, and I've been downloading quite a few of them for my subway ride to work. Some of them are funny and enjoyable, and they make my commute speed by much faster. Under 'Arts/Design and Architecture' on the I-tunes store, I saw that there was an AIA podcast. I downloaded the latest three episodes, and put one on while I was waiting for the R train. This podcast is the worst I have ever heard in the short time I've been listening to he genre. It is SO incredibly boring. I find architecture a very interesting subject, but these podcasters have made it seem about as interesting as watching newspaper burn in a coffee can. Wow. They should be ashamed. There is nothing of value in any of the three I've listened too. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure?

Jan 7, 07 8:38 pm
word!

I tend to avoid anything with AIA associated with it, but the podcast of KCRW's Design and Architecture is worth checking out.

Jan 7, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

AIASF has podcast but you might want to go for the Architectural League of New York - they have both video and audio. There is always 'Ask a Ninja'.

Jan 7, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
tedtalks

rock - especially the lecture by cameron!

itunes has a fair listing of design & sustainability topics like Terra.tv and E2... just search for 'architecture' or 'two wheels'.

the video podcasts are better;-)

Jan 7, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
here's cameron
Jan 7, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

again I prefer ask a ninja... 240 slides in 22 minutes is not exactly how one should do a presentation. Check out the designer that will be at TED 2007 - there should be some good talks coming out this year.

Jan 7, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

maybe the podcasts you found were aia continuing ed programs that someone posted? i think those are supposed to be dry so that you can claim to have learned something from them.

Jan 8, 07 7:38 am  · 
 · 
j-turn

i've tried out some podcast.

Architecture Radio has some interesting lectures by practicioners like toshiko mori, aro, but without being able to see the slides, you really miss the point.

Architecture League is good - and you can see the slides.

A also like smart cities with Carrol Coletta - some interesting episodes about development, gentrification and urban design. Businessweek has design focused podcasts too - such as the innovation of the week.

KCRW's DNA is LA centric, but quality.

Also interesting - the GSD is posting quicktimes of their lectures on their website - so you can go and checkout videos Kipnis, Koolhaas, lynn and others.

Jan 8, 07 7:53 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch
Jacques Herzog

on the Tate Modern podcast page as part of the Architecture Foundation's Real Architecture Spring 2008 series.

Soon to be added to the page are Renzo Piano, someone from Sergison Bates, and the last of this series Farshid Moussavi of Foreign Office Architects

Apr 16, 08 1:33 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

AIA produced podcasts, gross. That like recreating an old lecture of 'professional practice'. You know, that wonderful course that every architecture school must include in its curriculum for 'accreditation' purposes.

Ted Wells used to have some insightful commentary on his podcasts. However, it's been a while since the last.

Apr 16, 08 1:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: