Archinect
anchor

Just damaged my portfolio cover...

nonneutral

Hello everyone,

I recently received one copy of my portfolio back from a graduate school where I applied, and that copy now happens to be the only copy which I have immediately at hand. I foolishly tried to tear the label off the cover without being careful enough, and the label took away the top layer of paper on a prominent section of the cover about 1" x 1" long/wide, along with another smaller piece nearby. My cover had a white background to begin with, so from a distance the damage isn't noticeable, but up close (ie when holding it in your hands) you can see (if you are paying moderate attention) that there is a tear/indentation on the cover and that the sheen from the cover paper is gone. It kind of looks like the gunk left behind from a label, but it isn't. I could re-print the portfolio, and eventually I will when I update the content, but that would be expensive right now since it uses perfect binding. The portfolio itself, including the content inside, is otherwise nice and well-designed. To what extent do you think that such a portfolio would be acceptable to take to an informational interview, or even an internship interview if one popped up and I didn't have anything else available?

Jun 3, 12 2:00 am
JonathanLivingston

Design yourself a new label, perhaps one specific to your next interview and slap it over the top. Maybe a new label each time. 

Jun 3, 12 2:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: