Archinect
anchor

Please advice about GRE

prashantsahni

Hi everyone. I'm doing Graduation in Mechanical engineering (final year) in Delhi, India. My performance in mechanical engineering has been average and because of this I'm considering changing my stream to computer science towards which i feel very inclined and i firmly believe that i can do much better in that area. I have landed a job offer in a good software company in campus recruitments and I wanna enhance my knowledge in the area of software engineering. I'm planning to take the GRE but before i put in the money and the effort i wanna know if my average performance in graduation is going to pose a major hindrance in securing a seat in a reputed university if i get a good GRE score (say 1500+). Also, to what extent is getting a work-ex. in a good software firm gonna help me in my cause?
Plz reply at the earliest. A healthy advice will be thankfully welcome.
Prashant

Jan 4, 07 3:01 am
strlt_typ

spizam?

Jan 4, 07 3:12 am  · 
 · 

I don't think it's spam, persay, just misplaced.

prashantsahni- this is an architecture website. While there may be the odd ex-compsci person out there, for the most part the architects, landscape architects, and odd graphic designers on this site aren't going to have a clue. Try here instead. It's mostly undergrads, but there is a small section for grad students which seems to be loaded with engineer types.

Jan 4, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: