Archinect
anchor

Residential Elevator - Suggestions

benben

Have been dealing with institutional work most recently (hence, dealing with the "big" elevator companies) but now am looking for advice on a 2-3 stop residential style elevator. Any suggestions would be great.

Jan 2, 07 11:20 pm
dierxap

If speed isn't an issue, and cost is, consider a limited use/limited access type elevator. I believe 3 stops would be maximum with this type. No pit needed and about 45 grand for 3 stops.

Manufacturers that I know of are Orion, and Garaventa.

Those two are not pretty..just solutions.

Good luck.

Jan 3, 07 8:05 am  · 
 · 
benben

Thanks - I also discovered that Thyssen Krupp has a residential line of lifts called TK Access. http://www.tkaccess.com/residential-elevators/

Jan 3, 07 10:41 am  · 
 · 
ochona

concord from canada -- actually seen these installed. they're really not that expensive.

Jan 3, 07 10:52 am  · 
 · 
raj

most of the work using residential elevators have been in TEXAS so this site might be only good to find out who they use and find a dealor in your area.

home elevator

Jan 3, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
whistler

We have used concord recently on two SF homes and they were less than 30K Canadian. approx. 42" x 60" ( wheelchair size.)

Jan 3, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I've used Inclinator before. It is nice as far as residential elevators go. Able to fit it up with custom wood panels on the interior.

I want to go up

Jan 3, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: