Archinect
anchor

gsd portfolio deadline

sanofiSYN

Quick Question: Is the January 2nd portfolio deadline for the GSD a received by date or a postmark date?

Dec 31, 06 12:34 am
geimanj

received by

Dec 31, 06 1:51 am  · 
 · 
robust84

not as if they're actually going to go through the massive pile of portfolios on their doorstep all in one day. i bet they won't freak if it arrives on the 3rd. then again, i hear they are all about rules and stuff there.

Dec 31, 06 11:08 am  · 
 · 

admissions coordinators + assistants are usually pretty nice and understanding. just make sure you call them to let them know it will be a few days late. no gaurantee, but im pretty sure they wont mind.

Dec 31, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Harvard only accepts about 10% of the applicants, and I'm sure at least 10% will have theirs in on time. Those who are late will probably be rejected. Just my opinion.

Dec 31, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

baboomba you're funny....yeah, if your late you are automatically ignored...right?

I spoke with someone who worked in admissions....she told me late stuff was reviewed along with the others...and she said they take about 1 in 4 applicants.

Dec 31, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

My school used to put color-coded stickers on the folders of applicants. Late materials - other than those not in the control of the applicant, like transcripts and test scores - meant that the folder got a sticker meaning "late". I'm not sure that the committee would necessarily care about this as any sort of major factor, but it was readily apparent to anyone who reviewed that applicant.

Dec 31, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

friggin a!! guess i got too caught up in the holiday festivities. oh well, guess i'll be using fedex same day service. hmm . . . wonder how much that'll be.

Dec 31, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

jan 2nd is a national holiday because of pres. ford's death. thus no mail. i think theyll take that into consideration if its a day or two late. hope so at least, mine wont be there till the 4th.

Dec 31, 06 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

just read express mail will be available from the usps... wonder if fedex will be operating?

Dec 31, 06 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

you should all post your portfolios here, and archinect can decide who will get in ;)

Jan 1, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I would say man the Lear Jet and get it there on time....I'm sure Pappa wouldn't mind.

Jan 1, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

oh.....by the way think you might have an hour and half to have it to the door steps if it is hand delivered.....pity the poor bogger spending New Years Day at the Entry of Gund Hall, then again I remember the heating exhaust vent is right at the entry so he should stay warm on this cold wet New England Evening.

Jan 1, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

I was wondering..does the gsd email people to acknowledge their completed application (ie. that all your forms, transcripts, scores and protfolio are in)? I'm a bit anxious to know that everything is finally done but I imagine they'll be inundated with calls today.

Jan 2, 07 7:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: