Archinect

i appreciate that this is a time of optimism and that we, as architects, must look to the future somewhat optimistically. even, like this proposal, with EXUBERANT optimism.

but since i just read the news article about our planet's recent loss of a fellow mammal due to overdevelopment, i can't help but think a project like this is simply insanity.

Dec 29, 06 7:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the destruction of the earth is insignificant on a cosmic level. that said i am sad about the dolphins.

Dec 29, 06 9:19 am  · 
 · 

I agree that JDS/BIG has an inspiring amount of optimism in their designs. It is also important to look at their built work in comparison to their concept drawings. Some of their ‘buildings’ do not consider the user and are mainly concept driven. Don’t get me wrong, I love the work they are doing but there is a disconnection with their preliminary concepts and the final product.

Jan 2, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: