leeque

Is anyone going?

Dec 23, 06 3:31 pm
archtopus

yup

Dec 23, 06 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
this_guy

im volunteering. im kinda pumped to see what people think of wentworth, since it is one of the hosts, and im really pumped to go to some of the tours and lecture. the yale tour and the groupis house tour both look sick. seems like you could see alot of sites in town without paying 50$ for the tour, just walk it.

Dec 23, 06 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
leeque

i'm not an architecture student just yet but am planning to pursue the education. i'm attending the forum so that I can meet some architects and future ones (like you), get a feel for the dominant discourses and just engage. i don't know anyone in the field, so i hope to meet some cool people.

yeah, i didn't sign up for any of the tours.. hoping to just do them on my own.

anyway, the reason i started this topic is because i was wondering if anyone needed a room in boston. my boyfriend and i got a room with 2 double beds - since i don't know anyone in the field who would want to attend, we have space for 2 more in our room if anyone wanted to split the costs of the stay with us (it's at 119/night).

has anyone ever gone to previous aias forums? is the new years party good?

hope we have a good time in boston!
good luck with the volunteering Snowboarstar2.

Dec 24, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

I chaired last year's Forum in Cincinnati, so I can tell you that the conference will give you a good perspective on the broad range of ideas in the profession. The speakers aren't starchitects (it's the holidays) but this year's list is quite good. The New Year's Eve Beaux Arts Ball is always a big affair. Almost everyone goes, there's a cash bar, snacks and it always becomes a huge dance party.

Feel free to hunt me down and say hi. I'm one of the candidates for president.

Dec 24, 06 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

See you there everyone.

Chris, good luck!

Dec 26, 06 9:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: