Archinect
anchor

suggestions on desktop computer

jonathanh

I am currently in the market for a new computer. I have been running everything on a dell latitute from about 2003 and as i am going into my thesis year i am scared to death to continue using it. I have been shopping around for a desktop since i have almost no need to have a laptop (my computer never leaves my desk and i have the whole thing set up like a desktop).

Does anyone have any suggestions on models, brands, features to look for? I am currently looking at a Dell E520 with intel duo core processor, upgraded 19in. ultra sharp monitor, 256mbt radion x graphics card, 160-250 gig hard drive, etc. Dell currently has a deal running on this desktop model.

any suggestions of other brands or anything to look at would be great. Thanks and Happy Holidays

Dec 22, 06 2:59 pm
sparch

i don't think you would need 160~250 gig hard drive. 100 gig is just fine if you have external hard drive as a back up.

I use external hard drive to back up old files, and to store junks.

if you can, get 2 gig ram.

and i don't see any point of getting a computer with windows vista...

Dec 22, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: