Archinect
anchor

carlsberg urban design competition

greenlander1

is anyone doing the carlsberg design competition?
ive been looking at this for a bit and am wondering whether this one is maybe a little too much for me to chew....
its a very interesting problem, but since the parameters are so vague and the site so large its going to be a ton of work

Dec 22, 06 12:14 am
morfo

I have looked at the competition brief only but would agree that the amount of work seems huge. Also not sure about the "identity" question. This could be challenging though.

Dec 22, 06 1:15 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

has anyone seen whether there are drawings in .dwg form on the site?
a lot of it is in danish and im just blinding clicking away looking for them....

Dec 22, 06 3:18 am  · 
 · 
Taesung

I'd call the competition a waste to enter. They already "pre-invited" 5 big shots, meaning they sent them all of the information on a CD while us mortal designers must scrounge through the website to find any information. The results are obvious...

Dec 22, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

yeh i just realized they put the dwgs on a dvd that u need to pick up.
i wouldnt say its a waste of a competiton tho.
for an ideas competition the prize pool of 400k euros is pretty good
and one of the better organized ones ive seen in a little while.

it is definitely going to be a lot of work!

taesung what would u say is a good competition to enter
just out of curiousity. im thinking that more than anything theyve invited the big shots to have a certain level of credibility. its highly possible that we see some of the pre invited firms as selected but considering the make up of the jury i wouldnt say its a done deal

Dec 22, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the orestad park competition was equally perplexing...

although the write up did feature a wicked project by BIG

Dec 23, 06 1:50 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

yeh the orestad one was even more vague. prob less work but there was much less to work with i thought so i decided to stay away

Dec 23, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

so noone eles doing this?
i guess im the only sucker...
god i hate competitions but i always come back for more

Dec 23, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: