Archinect
anchor

s+arck architecture- any designer's architecture-architect??

Serkan Ennac
http://archiguide.free.fr/PH/EtUn/NYo/NewYorkHudsonSta.jpg

s+arck's hudson hotel in NYC, i like the facade but i don't think it is enough..what do u think (hey crowd)

Dec 19, 06 3:06 am

looks like it has not evolved much from the first sketch to final "product", the plants in front gives it away.

Dec 19, 06 3:54 am  · 
 · 
perturbanist

wow! Starck is such a bloody muppet!

Dec 19, 06 6:10 am  · 
 · 
Darren Hodgson

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. The front facade doesn't do much for it at all, you really need to go inside to experience it fully. I must say my initial reaction were that I didn't like it. But over the week I stayed there I went away thinking it was really cool. The inside is dark and moody almost like it was evening all day, where you could sit down and chill, relax with your friends, I think Starck was trying to acheive this when he designed the Hudson. I like the idea that its evening whatever time it is and you can just sit back and take it all in. Prior to my stay I wasn't really familiar with Starck's work, and I wouldn't say I was now. But I was quite impressed with the Hudson. I think though its more interior design than architecture.

Dec 19, 06 9:22 am  · 
 · 
mdler

used to work down the street from there...you would always see high class hookers leave with much older men around lunch time

Dec 19, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

wouldnt mind that Ingo Maurer lamp over the pool table..

Dec 19, 06 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

it needs flowers...

Dec 19, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

were they leaving with craggy men mdler???

Dec 19, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Vado

one of the guys looked like you

Dec 19, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

oh! i heard the bellboys there are HOT

Dec 22, 06 9:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

if i was successful i could be out robbing some cradles...

Dec 22, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Vado

you could always rock it Jerry Springer style...bounce a check to a prostitiute

Dec 22, 06 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: