Archinect
anchor

tips in choosing the right uni for masters

superlila

Hello! After a year of working in a practice and a gap year I decided to apply for Masters degree. (since I had a BA from UK) I have been admitted in the 3 unis I chose but I am still not sure which university balances on course quality/ university staff/ employment opportunities etc. The universities are TU Delft, Aarhus University and Umea university in Sweden. TU Delft has a good reputation, although I am not sure about the quality of studies since they have a lot of students each year. Another plus is that they have some good urban studios that I am interested in. Aarhus on the other side, has a decent reputation as well and is quite innovative in new methods of teaching and hands on workshops. On their program I liked the Constructing an archive studio, involved in photography and alternative methods of site analysis which I researched briefly on my thesis. Last but not least, Umea is a brand new university. There is not much about it on the web and I am struggling to get more info on the program. After the interview I got the idea that it is more on interventions in the city, which is what I did the last year in urban intervention groups I worked with. Does anyone have any tips, or information on any of the courses or universities in general?

May 26, 12 7:04 pm
superlila

Anyone who knows ANYTHING on TU Delft, Aarhus or Umea?

May 27, 12 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
couture

dont go to delft, its too traditional and way behind innovative technologies that other universities offer in europe like aa or iaac.

Jun 19, 13 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: