Archinect
anchor

Need Plotter purchase advice

c_ty

Hi,
I need to buy a plotter that can print color very well (not just cad files but large images as well). I want top of the line but not ridiculously expensive. I also am wondering where I can lease (I am in L.A.)

Thanks!

Dec 13, 06 1:39 pm
strlt_typ

check the local yellow pages for your leasing concerns...

Dec 13, 06 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Call you're local Oce rep. That's top of the line, down from that you'll be in the inkjet realm. Might also call up Blair, they aren't always the least expensive but they are very good.

Dec 13, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

OCE's are rediculously expensive. Way too expensive for personal use. If you want something that prints pretty good color then you might check out the Canon ImageProGraf series. We just got one and seems to work pretty well. They run about half the price of an HP. They have a 24" and a 36" option. We go the 24" and it was in the neighbrohood of $3,000 brand new.

Dec 13, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
c_ty

I'm looking at spending $5-7K

Dec 13, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Somnambulist

Our office recently bought the Epson Stylus Pro 9800 Professional Edition. Great quality and is exactly in the middle of your price range. We use it mostly for large format Illustrator and Photoshop images.

Dec 13, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Only problem with Epson is that they don't make any replacement parts, so if anything breaks you have to junk it. You should just get an HP. They own like 90% of the market and they last forever.

Dec 13, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: