Archinect
anchor

meatpacking NYC

Serkan Ennac

I need sum more information about Meatpacking (the special places to see and the architecture), could u help me?

Dec 13, 06 7:13 am
mlee

I heard lot-ek's office was in the Meatpacking district, there's a neat SHoP architects building - the porter house - somewhere around there too.

Dec 13, 06 11:23 am  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

Asymptote did the Carlos Miele store there. You can check out the Vitra store. Highline.

Dec 13, 06 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Dec 13, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

that looks like thread central...

Dec 13, 06 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
Archinecture

I totally thought this thread was about something else

Dec 13, 06 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
emilyrides

Overall, I think the Meatpacking district is one of the least interesting parts of New York. If you have a specific thing you want to see there (there are some newer galleries out that way, and trend of the second clubs) by all means head on over, but in and of itself it's pretty bland by Manhattan standards. There are a smattering of very nice Federal townhouses, on the western edge of Bank Street, and the Westbeth conversion (Richard Meier) is pretty cool. The Temmer House (also at Bank st) is modernist single family house, not my taste at all,but worth a look if you're in the area. The Highline is worth a quick look, it's especially interesting as an engineering feat. Most of what's going on in the Meatpacking is trendy stuff that's not really my speed, because I'm a curmudgeonly. NY'er.

Archinecture - You may be referring to the Meatpacking's former glory days when it was home to such luminous places as the Manhole.

Dec 13, 06 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

thank you all

Dec 14, 06 2:59 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

dammson LOL !!

Dec 14, 06 8:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: