Archinect
anchor

ceiling tracks for curtains

does anyone have much experience with ceiling mounted tracks for curtains? similar to those used in hospitals.

Dec 12, 06 8:03 pm
tc79

Paul, ...what's the question?

Dec 12, 06 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

sorry, wondering where to get them (i'm in LA), and if there's anything i should know prior to ordering them, based on others experiences. they're intended to support heavy curtains that will be used to darken/close-off a video projection space.

Dec 12, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Barrett

we've spec'd these a few times as tape-in tracks for similar use of heavy curtains, maybe this will help. I realize I could have said "put you on the right track" but I don't have energy for that nonsense today.

clickeze

Dec 12, 06 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i work at a firm that does mostly healthcare...if there are no helpful responses by tomorrow morning EST i will inquire on your behalf...

Dec 12, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oops...didn't see your post Barrett.

Dec 12, 06 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
AP

2 initial comments from my PM (both kinda obvious):

1 - get a commercial track, not a residential track.

2 - as far as holding a heavy curtain, any commercial track should do the trick, but the track has to be mounted to something sturdy.

also, consider a recessed track for your application (blacking out a projection space). with a typical track/installation there would be room for light to get through at the top...

we have these 3 in our specs:
General Cubicle
Imperial
and Clickeze, the one linked above by Barrett.

good luck.

Dec 13, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: