Archinect
anchor

that W is not there.........for sure

pandpieri

-Just got a pice of massive missunderstanding of basic principles delivered.

Former classmate (C) from university (postgrad), now employed walks in and is really concerned that printing a cover sheet doesnt work.

(C)
-I want to print on transparent film you know, but the print is all empty, it just doesnt show! Might be something wrong with the PDF-file

me
-ok but why? wierd! usually works.

(C)
-yes i know, it is really simple, just made the title and everything in white letters and the print is all empty!

me
-ok but then you got to screen print it.

(C)
-what so, there is no white ink in the printer?

well... there have never been any W in CMYK,
doesnt situations like these just make your day?
told another friend about it, and he had experienced just the same with some guys that didnt either succeed in printing white, they even tried to trick the printer by printing a super ligth grey and thereby acheiving almost white.
You have any other stories of complete brain breakdown you want to share?
/

Dec 11, 06 12:27 pm
some person

Bring on the dumb blonde jokes...

Q: How can you tell a blonde has been using the computer?
A: There is white out on the screen.

Dec 11, 06 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
wangsta

This is a true story:

The other day at work our IT department started upgrading our computer monitors, replacing our old big boxes with nice flat- screens. My computer illiterate co-worker returns to his desk to find the new flat-screen monitor and says in a panic:

"Oh my, they replaced my monitor....but now all my little things on my screen will be gone! How do I get them back?!!"

He was referring to his icons! How can one not realize that your hardrive is not contained in your monitor?

arrghhh!

Dec 11, 06 9:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: