Archinect
anchor

Filing a complaint on a permit dept. staff

nonarchitect

I've been very frustrated with a particular Dept. of Transportation personnel because of his bullying attitude, and inconsistencies in handling projects...Has anyone ever succesfully filed a complaint against someone in a similar position...I am quite used to above average levels of beaurocracy...but he had made personal attacks against me, and our firm...and also hidered the completion of an 11 million dollar project...

Dec 5, 06 2:18 pm

I believe my firm successfully filed one against a field inspector before... he had spent all his time making stupid demands that went well above and beyond the code, holding up our project and killing our client's budget. Once his boss heard what he had been up to, she did the rest of the inspections on the job personally. So I guess our experience with it was good, but I'd still think hard before doing it because I doubt it always turns out like that.

Dec 5, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

louisville now has a system called metrocall which you can contact about just about anything. sounds like an empty service without accountability UNTIL you hear that every call or email is logged with an 'action' date. all files that don't get some kind of action within a month or so go to the mayor's office to be resolved. it actually seems to work. you might see if your area has a similar service.
here it's 3-1-1.

Dec 5, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

also, your permit reviewer has a boss - a director of the dept, even. they are responsible to you, a citizen.

most email addresses in city agencies are standardized now, so it shouldn't be hard to find out what the director's email address is.

Dec 5, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: