Archinect
anchor

SOM and "Studio Heads"?

under

My wife's headhunter has contacted her regarding a position as a "studio head" for a "large and prestigious" Chicago firm. I don't know for certain that the firm is SOM, but that's the only one I know of that uses that specific terminology. Plus, I believe SOM has reorganized to add "studios".

I've read a lot on this site about interns and entry level experiences at SOM, but what about in terms of positions such as a studio head? Can anyone tell me what this entails, who some other studio heads at Skidmore Chicago are, or if this kind of position has real leadership potential.....versus being an errand boy (or girl) for a particular partner? Are studio heads typically also associates? Can I assume they are well compensated?

Her other opportunities include design leader at lesser known firms that don't get very good clients, so financial compensation versus professional happiness is a key issue. Work load is not.....we both are working tons of hours now.

Thanks

Dec 4, 06 3:46 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: