Archinect
anchor

Archleaks US - Wikileaks for architects

Just saw this website, its empty now but I imagine it will fill up quick.  

http://www.honestr.com/ArchleaksUS

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?  It seems like a good way for people to learn more about offices, but may also be an outlet for bitter employees. but thats ok too right?

May 15, 12 9:54 am
tylerhopf

seems to be popular in other countries - archleaks.com

May 15, 12 10:12 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

I think this is counter-productive.  There needs to be a better (more professional and legal) way to hold firms accountable for using unpaid interns incorrectly, and for abusive and discriminatory work environments.  This has been tried before, and usually devolves into people posting inflammatory comments about former work environments.

May 15, 12 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

King Karl Fischer kidnapped my granma! He will kidnap yours next!

I use Archinect for all my sladerous mussings.

May 15, 12 11:02 am  · 
 · 
zonker

It can be an outlet for bitter/disgruntled ex employees - most people fail in architecture and some, not all will try and discount those who do what it takes - the top 2% of the profession.

we all get out chance, and if we fail, it's our own fault insufficient preparation and lack of self responsibility.

May 15, 12 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"we all get out chance, and if we fail, it's our own fault insufficient preparation and lack of self responsibility."

You are a special little snowflake aren't ya. What you just said is almost cartoonish...

Nonetheless, it's important to consider all points of view, so I encourage you to consider that perhaps your curent employment is just your employer filling a quota on 'special needs workers'. Diversity can be a marketing tool. You tool :)

May 15, 12 11:53 am  · 
 · 
zonker

I think this website will be more of a gripe blog rather than about solutions - we need solutions

May 15, 12 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

but isnt it important to specify the problems first? It seems like a good way for people to get a better, more realistic view of whats going on before entering these places and finding out after its too late

May 17, 12 8:10 am  · 
 · 

if you've got an iphone and time to burn, these sites are entertaining. otherwise, i don't see much in the way insightful advice for your job search.

May 17, 12 8:43 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

@tyler: Yes, having a "realistic view of what's going on" should be valuable to people thinking about joining a firm. However as Xenakis points out, this site is likely to become nothing much more than a 'gripe blog' - meaning that the negative point-of-view will predominate. Those who are happy working at the firms covered are not likely to be well represented.

It will be a bit like going to Fox News to get a "fair and balanced" perspective ... i.e. not very helpful to those who have not yet made up their minds.

May 17, 12 8:58 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

I see value in it. Clearly one needs to be critical of the comments (but realistically who takes anonymous comments at face value anyway?). I think it offers a glimpse into firm culture that is useful.

May 17, 12 9:18 am  · 
 · 
JsBach

It might be a good thing if employees could post honest feedback on a firm with out fear of reprisal. It might make for better company cultures. But then again, would we allow the reciprocal, where companies could post honest feedback on employees, with out fear of being sued.

May 17, 12 10:04 am  · 
 · 
CasperRegime

What ever happened to archleak?

Oct 19, 18 5:21 am  · 
 · 

Archinect in the past has outed the firms with unpaid internships, there is nothing preventing this from happening now.  Why build another forum ?

Also, with the economy as good as it is now are unpaid internships still a thing in the US?

Over and OUT

Peter N

Oct 19, 18 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Probably. Capitalism!

Oct 19, 18 11:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: