Archinect
anchor

dear 2:38am.......wtf

binary

not sure who/what/where/etc you are from/at..... but what you are trying to do to my name and company isn't right...... you can joke all you want but i have spent 7 years under this name and still working on it.... the last thing i need is a punk ass trying to cause drama and mimic my actions...... get a life

b

2:37am

Dec 4, 06 12:19 am
liberty bell

Just someone being dopey, 237. Ignore it, and everyone else will too.

Dec 4, 06 12:22 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i though 238 was 237's alternate persona.

Dec 4, 06 12:33 am  · 
 · 

I actually thought that too for the first couple of posts. Thanks for clearing it up 237.

Dec 4, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

yeah i fell for it...the gimmick was entertaining, sorry 2:37 but your impostor got you figured out...

Dec 4, 06 12:43 am  · 
 · 
binary

not really...... i have other aliases that i tend to live by..... my 2:37am is for my design/products/company side...... i have my other sides ..... only about 15% of the people i know, know that i'm in architecture and the relating fields.......

but then again with the 2:38am hype, it'll just shine more light on remembering 2:37am...haha..........

b

2:37am

Dec 4, 06 1:14 am  · 
 · 
grid

i thought it was a self promotion gimic?

Dec 4, 06 4:14 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

personally i'm not a huge fan of all the self promotion.
i think what 238 was maybe trying to show his/her displeasure
as well.

its not enough that your name is your website..you also have
to link many of your posts to that website and have now signed off
every post with '2:37am'...just seems a bit much.

but then again..cheers for starting your own business...just maybe
you should buy some ad time on archintect as well.

Dec 4, 06 4:24 am  · 
 · 
orEqual

I think that we're ignoring one incredible possibility: 2:38am is 2:37am, from the future.

Dec 4, 06 4:43 am  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

yeah yeah...2:38am is going to put you out of business. Have you seen our belt buckle designs?

2:38am

Dec 4, 06 9:02 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

its 9:06 a.m. here according to computer. 9:12 according to phone clock. i go by phone clock for leaving and computer clock for coming in.

Dec 4, 06 9:11 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I synchronized the computer clock and the phone clock... and I still get hear late and leave early.

Dec 4, 06 9:13 am  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

Perhaps you should hire 2:37am to build you one that is integrated into your steel, acrylic, rivets, aluminum model carrying case. You know, the one you carry around with you when you go to the bar to impress all the ladies.

Dec 4, 06 9:29 am  · 
 · 

disparaging remarks about the work of others under a pseudonym (especially one that could be mistaken for the victim's company name) is bad form. archinect doesn't have many rules, thankfully, so we have to police ourselves to some extent.

2:38, will you please stop? if you have real criticism of 2:37, air it out in the open in a way that can be discussed. maybe it'll help 2:37 make some changes that will aid him in his developing business/career. taking swipes at his flanks in the way you've chosen is just tacky.

Dec 4, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
meow

238amdotcom your a bad purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrson..............................................................purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dec 4, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 
binary

1. there is no reason to try to insult me with my work.....i have been given alot of credit over the years and do to my work, i walked right into cranbrook and was accepted to both the architecture and product design masters programs along with art center in cali.

2. this is want i do for a living.... models/etc.... i am venturing into a clothing line, a furniture line and a few other things in for me to stay self employed and grow....i dont limit my creativity in just one field

3. alot of the work on the website was design and built in the process from a few sketches.... sure there might be flaws that people dont like

4. aside from me posting 2:37am after everything and in my screen name, get over it..........

5. feel free to contact me via. email if there are any problems that you may have with me....... there is no reason to disrespect my name and my company on a forum and then do it for shits and giggles.

6 i did enquire about ad time on this board about 1 month ago.... but there are other things i need to do before i drop the cash on an ad here.

to those that i have helped from the site........ your welcome.....

b

00110010 00111010 00110011 00110111 01100001 01101101

| | -...- | | | .- --

Dec 4, 06 10:23 am  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

Fare enough. 238 will stop here. However, if 237 is going to market him/herself through archinect, perhaps he/she should do it by purchasing a little add space on archinect.

I’m sorry if these posts are tacky but couldn’t that be said for the shameless self promotion of 237? I think I’ve made my point.

Dec 4, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

my train fare this morning was not fair at all...$1.75 for terrible service

Dec 4, 06 10:42 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

fare thee well, elliott smith

2:45 am

Dec 4, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Dec 4, 06 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

woah !! fancy graphics

Dec 4, 06 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
joe

very fancy!! haha

Dec 4, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
surface

I've been Pavlovian-conditioned to burst into irrepressible fits of giggling every time I see that fanccy graphic.

Dec 4, 06 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I start to gag thinking about all those poor trees sacrificed for the fancy graphics...

Dec 4, 06 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

for the record, I am not 'don't be a dick' or 'try google'.

the main discussion menu seems to be having a hick-up.

Dec 4, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
dia

237am etc. is now semi colon?

Dec 4, 06 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

at one point he was | | -...- | | | .- --

Dec 4, 06 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
binary

:

Dec 4, 06 8:38 pm  · 
 · 

It must have gotten a lot easier to change your name around here. Back when I changed mine (about two weeks into my time here), I seem to remember having to email the powers that be and explain why I wanted to change.

Dec 4, 06 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

If I remember correctly, the last time I went to my profile you could just change your screen name at will. Why do that though, you know? I mean, everyone knows me as WonderK.....

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Dec 4, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Soooo, I'm a dork because I was going to go and change my screen name after my last post to show how easy it was, but I couldn't do it! I just couldn't. Humph. Either way, I'm still a dork.

Dec 4, 06 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

Y'all are seriously messed up. I need to go get a life, but then I start giggling at all the fancy graphics. I almost had ten in a row on the discussions list. damn!

Dec 5, 06 12:08 am  · 
 · 
grid

rationalist - I had to do the same when I decided to change my name back in the day. My post count doesn't justify the amount of time I spend around here.

Dec 5, 06 1:11 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey 2 dots i knew someone on another board named 2 dots and their avy was this:

Dec 5, 06 2:54 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I try not to ever say anything I wouldn't want people to know I said. Hence using my real name for my screen name.

...or is it???

Dec 5, 06 2:58 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I don't always succeed, of course. And for those times, there's MasterCard.

Dec 5, 06 2:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: