Archinect
anchor

Thanksgiving - So what are you thankful for?

the silent observer

Happy thanksgiving Archinectors...so What are you thankful for this year?

Me, well...I am thankful for graduate debt, unemployment and the "no phone calls please clause"....

Seriously, though, I am thankful for having the opportunity to spend the last year of my life in a great city and meet some really awesome people. Wouldn't trade it for all the full-time jobs in the world...I think :)

So come on out with it...sharing is caring :)

Nov 23, 06 12:04 pm
the silent observer

Oh yeah...and I am very thankful for this thread....

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=47374_0_42_0_C

For, now I know what a garwondler is...

Nov 23, 06 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

working on my final project after enjoying thanksgiving dinner and some pumpkin pie.

Nov 23, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm thankful that I finished the 10K race that I just ran....and that I burned enough calories to eat my turkey guilt free!

I am also really thankful for archinect because it makes me smile when I am down!

Finally, I too, am thankful for the garwondler, for exploiting the best, ahem, "assets" of garpike, mdler and myself.

\m/

Nov 23, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Wow you made it, WonderK. And you're alive to type. Woo!

I am thankful for the razor that will control my assets.

Nov 23, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

....and fine assets they are, garpike

Nov 23, 06 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
whitllam

Short term, thankful for the 11 hours of sleep I just got after staying up for 3 days in preparation for yesterday's mid-review crit.

Long term, thankful for the opportunity to even attend grad school, both financially (yah for student loans!) and socially, as the small town from which I hail is a complete black hole and I've been one of the few fortunate enough to complete an undergrad degree, let alone move on to any sort of grad or professional education. - Sorry, not trying to be too deep, but just reflecting on the spirit of the day.

Nov 23, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I am alive.

Nov 23, 06 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

sleep...

Nov 23, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Mountain biking on a Friday.

Nov 23, 06 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
AP

family, food and passion.

happy thanksgiving everyone.

Nov 23, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

I'm thankful that the country i now live in does not have thanksgiving

Nov 23, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm thankful for Archinect.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - turkey in my hosue starts in one hour...

Nov 23, 06 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

internet, coffee, 7-11 hot dogs, cds...you know, the basics...

Nov 23, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

perturbanist I'll give up my cheese on toast for one of them american feasts ...tonight only!

Nov 23, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

even though my thanksgiving was last month,

tofurkey! anyone with me?

Nov 23, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i hate holidays cause everything is closed and i cant get parts for the projects/car/tools/etc.....wtf........

holidays are over-rated anyways

2:37am

Nov 23, 06 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

thankful for able to do what i enjoy each day and make a living from it ;) isn't that sweet?!

Nov 23, 06 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

turducken! anybody with me?

for (not?) wearing pants...

That satiated food coma that you get after stuffing your pie-hole with all the trimings and the bird. (and that my wife did the dishes).

Nov 23, 06 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

fire! ...no... bread!

Nov 23, 06 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm thankful that I have perspective. I'm glad that even when i'm bitching about my life, a small part of my mind is reminding me that I am so unbelievably blessed in my life that I need to stop bitching and get back to the hard work I should be doing.

I'm thankful that my parents raised me so well that I can take joy in almost anything. That when I make gravy with lumps in it I can laugh at myself, and that when I am served gravy with lumps in it I can graciously enjoy it with compliment to the chef.

I'm thankful above all for health and family and friends.

Nov 23, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
13aqua

architecture....
happy thanks-taking ;)

Nov 23, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Family, friends,
and
Even with our low pay, long work hours and innumerable obstacles..Im thankful for not YET being disillusioned with our profession. :)

Nov 24, 06 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Archinecture

another day

Nov 24, 06 12:57 am  · 
 · 
garpike

treekiller said turd.

Nov 24, 06 4:05 am  · 
 · 
bigness

garpike has the foot completely healed? are you back shredding skateparks all over south cali?

Nov 24, 06 5:07 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Friday after Thanksgiving: Thankful for the slice of Pumpkin Pie from my Baker Client, which goes so well with Brazilian Coffee.

Nov 24, 06 9:49 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

yeah, i said the 't' word...

lb- the trick to lumpless gravy is to mix the flour with a small amount of water/pan juices first to make a thin paste. use the back of a spoon to squish those lumps into oblivion before stirring the flour mixture into the rest of the pan juices... works every time.

Nov 24, 06 10:26 am  · 
 · 
garpike

bigness, I don't skate. But I mountain biked today. No problems there. I have been alright for some time now - though I can feel a little pain when walking. Also, plan to snowboard this season.

Thanks for asking.

Nov 24, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

I am thankful Im not in UCLA anymore. Because if i was i dont know if i would be able to be there anymore after the student 'pain compliance' incident.

Nov 24, 06 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive...and thankful for it.

although i have my complaints about america...thanksgiving is not one of them. in fact, it might be the best thing we've ever done.

wonderk, good work on the 10k. where was it? cincinnati? i ran one myself on thanksgiving morning (detroit turkey trot) and actually wore pants (gasp!)

i'm also very thankful for whiskey

Nov 25, 06 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks puddles. Good job on the pants! Yes, my 10K was here in the 'Nati. It was the 97th Annual, if you can believe that! I didn't even know that people ran 10Ks back in 1909.

I am thankful that you are alive too!

Nov 25, 06 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Thankful family, thankful for friends, thankful for a great year, business wise.

Thankful I can call myself an architect and very thankful I chose an alternative career path (this year more than ever).

Thankful archinect is here to document our ramblings

Nov 26, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

that 7-11 has a rack of assorted cheap wines...

Dec 19, 06 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: