Archinect
anchor

mashed up blink

momentum

so now that angels and airwaves, and +44 are out, how long do you all think it will take for someone out there to slam the two together in a "mash-up" blink 182 album?

Nov 20, 06 2:07 pm
liberty bell

I don't know what you're talking about, momentum. But I heard on NPR last week that Barenaked Ladies have posted all the tracks from their new album on a website where fans can "alter" them or I guess do mash-ups as they like. You can even separate out each recording track to play with: vocals, tambourine, drums, etc. Maybe even a cowbell! And if they get enough cool re-workings of their songs, they'll release another album of the mashups. When asked if the fans who created the best versions would receive royalties for their work, the Barenaked Ladies guys pretty much laughed and said "No - they've been downloading our music for free for years - why would we pay them for their work if they don't pay us?"

Which I thought was pretty damn funny.

Nov 20, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

lb, thats pretty cool and funny. i'm gonna have to check that out, however i will refrain from typing in barenaked ladies in my google bar at work. you just never know what will pop up these days.

as for what i posted originally, "+44" and "Angels and Airwaves" are the groups that Blink 182 split up and formed. so as I was comparing the albums on my trip back from Orlando Sunday I was thinking it might be interesting to slam them back together in a sort of forced reunion way.

Nov 20, 06 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: