Archinect
anchor

What's a good printer/scanner around $200

labphonic

I need to get one relatively quick.

Nov 18, 06 10:36 pm
cayne1

Canon MP600 - 3 in one. Scanner, copier, printer - no fax.
Because it doesn't have the fax they pack the higher quality scanner from the next model up and a good photo-quality printer.
It's quiet, fast and easy as pie to use...and it costs just about $200. If you can wait a week or so, everything will be on sale for the holidays - or find one of those "we'll match a price for 30 days" kinda things. It's worked well for me son far.

Nov 18, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

a 'good' printer at this price point is an oxymoron. you'll be buying a disposible hunk of plastic that will last for a few years before conking out and costing more $$ to fix then to buy a new one.

sticking to the major brands will keep you from getting a lemon. I'm partial to HP. Every epson I've owned has died really quick. But this is a subjective topic.

Stick to a single function printer- the more ink colors used the better the quality (but you knew this-right?).

A portfolio printer versus is a everyday printer are two different animals.

Nov 19, 06 11:31 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

I like the Epson R300 for a cheap (under $200) printer that has acceptible output and only costs around $50 for a total ink refill (six colors). The drawback is that it only does 8.5x11 or smaller, though it does print directly on CDs/DVDs (very handy). I doubt you could find a printer that does anything larger than 8.5x11 for $200…

Nov 19, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: