Archinect
anchor

Product rep salaries

Jefferson

What is a typical salary for a product rep?  Just curious...

May 9, 12 3:29 pm
Rusty!

You get paid in leftover lunch-n-learn sammiches.

how manu sammmiches you can take depends on your experience in the field and the type of the industry/product you be representin'.

It's like asking how much architects make.

May 9, 12 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Many of them are salespeople which means that they are living off of the sales commissions rather than getting a salary.  Obviously, some have better gigs than others.

And yeah, lunch-n-learn sammiches, yo!

May 9, 12 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

a friend of mine is the Pacific Northwest rep for Patagonia clothing. He makes bank

May 10, 12 12:57 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I once dated a woman who wanted to be a sales rep for medical equipment. She was an RN who decided to go back to school for an MBA. Just cause she knew the field was wide open and alot of money to be made.  That was back in the 80's so I'm sure she is retired and living on a tropical island by this point in time.

May 10, 12 7:35 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

In terms of lunch-n-learn sammies, the product reps hawking the really boring products like brick veneer get paid much better in leftover sammies due to poor attendance. The reps hawking the really interesting products like intumescent paint don't get paid as well because so many architects show up and eat all the sammies. The trade off however is that the boring product reps generally bring in the more run of the mill sammies, like Jimmy Johns or Mr. Pita, while the intumescent paint reps bring in the boutique deli sammies with super yummy chocolate chip cookies!

May 10, 12 9:08 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"... really interesting products like intumescent paint..."

o.O

May 10, 12 10:32 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Come on, Rusty. You of all people have to have a love for intumescent paint. There is nothing more exciting in my day than an intumescent paint lunch-n-learn (with the possible exception of a Won-Door l-n-l)!

May 10, 12 10:54 am  · 
 · 
Jefferson

I'm in love with the girls who come in and hawk nice looking interior products

May 10, 12 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
comb

How much you make as a product rep depends a lot on your "hotness" and how adept you are at smoozing absolute strangers over dinner and drinks.

Introverted, geeky architects need not apply.

May 10, 12 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: