Archinect
anchor

BO? bye BO GO BLUE

okay, I'm usually pretty quiet about sports, because I was a jock and I always feel the need to play it down in the world of artistic hipster gangsterism. But I have to come out of the closet now! For the end of Bo Schembechler and the greatest match up in the history of college football...I mean I can appreciate Noam Chomsky's position on the allure and seduction of sports and its meanlessness, but not tomorrow! Go Blue...

Nov 18, 06 2:12 am
fakeid
Nov 18, 06 4:40 am  · 
 · 

Well, I'm rooting for your team to have the same fate as mine today. If we win, I want you to have won, too, and if we lost I want you to lose to. I'm looking forward to another great USC/Michigan bowl game at the end of the season, whether it be in the Rose Bowl or in Glendale Stadium.

Nov 18, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
whitllam

In the spirit of the big game, an equal response is necessary. RIP Bo, a valiant foe and forever a Wolverine as well as a Buckeye. GO BUCKS!

Nov 18, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

GO BUCKS!!

Nov 18, 06 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

halftime score report (ok, I'm not watching the game)

Michigan 14
Ohio State 28

GO BUCKS!!!!

Nov 18, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
whitllam

Woohoo! OSU 42 - UMich 39!!! Glendale, AZ, here we come! Ironic that a team that Eisenman is a fan of and a school he has connections with gets to play his stadium's first nat'l championship game?

Nov 18, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry Blue, we'll meet another year...

Nov 19, 06 1:39 am  · 
 · 
fakeid

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND... usc isn't a lock at the fiesta yet.

REMATCH!

Nov 19, 06 1:56 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

why does the 'championship' bowl have to be in lame place? I want the Rosebowl!!!!!

Nov 19, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
whitllam

It'll be at the Rose Bowl in 2 more years, I believe, as it's on the same rotation as the "old" BCS championship game schedule, except now it's an added game instead of designating one of the existing bowls as the championship game.

Nov 19, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

<<<<< couldn't have cared less.

Nov 19, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

you are correct, whitllam. It's just an unfortunate that the BCS only considered the stadium instead of the total venue when deciding where the Fiesta and the Championship game will be held. While the new Cardinals Stadium may be nice, Sun Devil Stadium is beautiful in its own right (more by situation than by construction), and Tempe is a vastly better place to be than Glendale.

Nov 19, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

heres how it should happen. first get rid of conference playoffs and the early weak sister games. organize schedules so regular season ends the weak before thanksgiving. playoffs start that weekend.

top sixteen teams:

week 1: 1 vs. 16
2 vs. 15
3 vs 14
4 vs 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

week 2: 1 vs 8
2 vs 7
14 vs 6
4 vs 5
semifinal
week 3: 1 vs. 5
7 vs. 14
final
week 4: 5 vs. 14

see the number 1 and 2 teams may not win the championship...

Nov 19, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

playoffs are for retards. big ten vs. pac ten in the rose bowl...but notre dame still wins the "mythical" national championship because it always the best team...and no matter, all—and i do mean all—the big bowl games should be played on january 1st. this business of stretching the orange, fiesta, rose, etc out over the course of nearly a full week is the most ridiculous bunch of god damned bullshit i ever seen.

Nov 19, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you re so old school you prolly bid for bo's jock on ebay...

Nov 19, 06 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

see the thing is i forgot to mention in my playoff scenario is that the teams knocked out of the playoffs then can go onto play in a meaningless bowl game.

Nov 19, 06 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

actually...i'm waiting for charlie weis's jock to show up on ebay.

and bowl games are no more "meaningless" than any other football game

Nov 19, 06 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my point exactly...

Nov 19, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: