Archinect
anchor

German Architect License

Hi,

I will work at an office in Berlin, Germany. I got M.Arch degree from an university which has the accreditation of NAAB.

In this case, if I will work at the office in Germany for at least 2 years, can I apply for German Architect License?

I checked some website already. ex. http://www.ak-berlin.de/publicity/ak/internet.nsf/tindex/de_ea_bedingung.htm

Unfortunately, it is difficult to find useful information because I can't read German.

Is there anyone who know about this issue?

Thank you.

May 8, 12 8:10 pm
Green34

I'm not a 100% sure, but I remember at some forum one Russian girl architect worked in German architectural office as intern for 3 years and than principle wrote recommendation which allowed her practicing architecture in Germany. No additional licensing exams required, only evaluated Russian arch. diploma.

May 9, 12 6:53 am  · 
 · 
archinet

I think you need a diploma from a European University, in most cases when you graduate you basically are licensed, in Germany you work two years then fill out some forms after then you are licensed....most likely you might have to take additional exams in German. Not sure...ask your boss perhaps?

May 9, 12 7:38 am  · 
 · 
usk2

you need to demonstrate that you have at least 2 years of experience in all design stages (equivalent for the 9 german design stages) under experienced architect guidance.

for european countries (EU members) there is an mutual recognition regarding architecture education, in your case I beleive you ll have to show curricula from your university to demonstrate that your architect education is complete

May 10, 12 3:12 am  · 
 · 
scharoun

This might be a matter of the individual federal state.

The bigger problem might be to do all "Leistungsphasen nach HOAI"  (stages) as foreigner in germany...

You might get more help on this topic in a german architecture discussion board like http://www.tektorum.de.

Aug 25, 12 11:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: