Archinect
anchor

Modern xtmas gifts

pumakiro

Anyone has some links to modern cool looking accessories...bags, desk acc. etc. for xtmas...something like momastore.com but cheaper or less popular ...?

Thanks,

Nov 16, 06 1:24 pm
mdler

on my list...

Nov 16, 06 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

What is xtmas? A variation of xmas?

That guy's good looking.

Nov 17, 06 1:20 am  · 
 · 
Katze

mdler - that is hilarious!!! Gotta get me one of them!!! Are batteries included?

Nov 17, 06 1:43 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Thinking the Garwondler runs off a fuel cell.

Nov 17, 06 7:52 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

How about some toys made by the great red ape, Santa of Claws? They are made of dino bones and his own waste and thrown at predators because they are so stupid.

Nov 17, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

"christmas still sucked, in a big way"

that robotic ghost of christmas past from ATHF can't be beat!

Nov 17, 06 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Robot: Fat man, arise!

Carl: Huh? Oh God!

Robot: Now you listen directly to me. For I am the Ghost of Christmas Past, and I have come to show you what Christmas was like.

---

Robot: I'm not finished. YOU should have gotten a snack. A war-like race of elves from the Red Planet landed on the ice-encased Earth, and they were immediately enslaved by the unevolved Santa Ape to make his confused toys using galactic elfin technology. Toys were made into recognizable shapes and given names like "train," but these toys were also thrown at predators and defecated upon because they were so stupid. Christmas still sucked, in a big way.

---

Robot: THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO the ice had made the globe invariable. Santa Ape did not know where the North Pole was. How could he? He was born before science existed. So he arbitrarily placed his workshop RIGHT HERE, long before they unionized, and Christmas was celebrated at each full Moon in front of a great red ape--

Frylock: Wait, wait, wait. Who? WHO unionized?

Robot: Wouldn't YOU like to know? Probably your mama.

Meatwad: It makes me sad that they had to open their toys in front of an ape and they were all made out of doo-doo. What kind of Christmas is that?

Frylock: It's okay Meatwad. This is all a bunch of bull.

Robot: You don't believe?

Frylock? Believe what? That you're a ghost and Santa Claus is an ape? That's the most ridiculous--

Robot: WAS an ape. Now he is a MACHINE.

Meatwad: I left cookies and a glass of milk for a MACHINE?

Robot: No, man, he's an ape. I mean, NO, he is a machine. You are trying to mess me up on purpose.

Frylock: But I thought everyone back then was undeveloped, couldn't make machines with their crinkled hands.

Robot: But the elves came from the Red Planet. There was much defecation.

Nov 17, 06 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

"I am a robot!"

Nov 17, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My new xmas list:
Bleep $106
KP2 ~$300
KP3 ~$460

Nov 20, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Tickle Me Garwondler. There's just no better way to start a Monday.

You could always try this cool game from Design Not Within Reach.....

Nov 20, 06 9:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm actually lusting for one of these: in the cool Eva Jongerius (sp?) for Maharam fabric:

Sadly, out of my price range.

Nov 20, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But what we really all should be doing is supporting Archinect by shopping at their advertisers' sites for gifts. Let's all get out there and buy some Chugglers!

Nov 20, 06 9:36 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Or this advertiser: Love and Pride, this bracelet is cool:

And I am a believer that good jewelry is always an appropriate gift. Well, almost always.

Nov 20, 06 9:38 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

And for those times when jewelry isn't appropriate, the Led Zeppelin Box Set very definitely is!!!

Nov 20, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Back to archinect sponsors, we all know someone with a spoiled dog: here ya go, from Big Head Press!

Nov 20, 06 9:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ACTAR no doubt has fifty titles appropriate for your intellectual friends, here's juts one:

Nov 20, 06 9:50 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

And of course, the most appropriate gift ever, and not from a sponsor but straight from the source:

Whew! I'm off to a meeting.

Nov 20, 06 9:52 am  · 
 · 
Queen of England
Nov 20, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England
Nov 20, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

are "Architecture Sucks" Chugglers a possibility in the future?

Nov 20, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

more at carlorossi.com

Nov 20, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Can I get that light fixture monogramed? "Architecture Sucks"?

Nov 20, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Here's another fun Archinect advertiser product:

Nov 20, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

LB, i have appreciated your sponsor's suggestions, but also thought it was unbelievable (or i was just not paying attention to) how bizarre some of them were, until i saw this:

stocking stuffer?

Nov 20, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK,

I started my Monday laying in bed naked with my Tickle Me Garwondler..I TOTALLY know what you mean

Nov 21, 06 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Actually back to topic: pumakiro, the sponsor Nova68 seems to have a good price range on their modern stuff.

Nov 21, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: