Archinect
anchor

Color Calibration

Christopher Connock

Jumping between home/work & notebook/CRT/LCD has been driving me nuts and I really would appreciate some rigor to all the random settings I fiddle with.

Does anyone know of any good sites/tutorials regarding monitor/printer color calibration?

and

Can anyone recommend good software/hardware calibration systems?

Thanks

Jul 28, 04 3:08 pm
Ludwig

Hi Christopher,
I remember reading a review in the British Journal of photography about the Pantone ColorPlus system, it consists of some software and a device called a Spider. It is affordable, only $99 however if you look at the website they offer something called "PANTONE® COLORVISION® SpyderPRO™ for architecture and interiors" This is expensive $487. Unfortunately I dont know how much they could have taken out in the cheap version. If anybody has any experience with this system I would like to hear about it because I am thinking of getting it.

Jul 28, 04 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

Here is another useful link
Jul 28, 04 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
AGENT02

We have the Pantone Pro system at our agency. The spider and software is really top-notch. It's crazy-picky though... you might be fine using a software only solution.

Jul 29, 04 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
JG

I agree with AGENT the PANTONE spider is great but it is mostly designed for super picky color callibration such as people doing match prints for ads and photography. I would use software before investing in this hardware.

Jul 29, 04 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: