Archinect
anchor

237am models

ohio79

Couple of weeks ago, I posted looking for a modelmaker. 237am responded and delivered a beautiful model despite major redesigns to the project midway through. It was packed really well, looked fantastic when it arrived and was done at an incredible price. All of this from a couple hundred miles away. Brian was super easy to work with, flexible, and added some nice details that we hadn't even considered to the model. If you don't believe me, you can check out his site at www.237am.com

Nov 8, 06 5:21 pm
Blue202

where did you post looking for a modelmaker a couple of weeks ago?
this seems to be your very first post ever.

if you wanted to do a shameless plug why didn't you just sign on with your own name and say "hey, i'm 237am. i make nice models. check out my website."

Nov 8, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

If a contract model maker added details that I hadn't even considered I'd be shipping back the model and asking for a refund.

Nov 8, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

i think it was libeskind. so, ohio76....,is., a satisfied customer. this is what i believe. danke shon for reading.

Nov 8, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

danke schon again.

Nov 8, 06 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

it's not a plug............ research the posts and see my reply......

regarding the added details, i dont let a model leave out without making it what i can.... regardless of price/etc...... it was a quick model that was 67"x17" in size/crated/shipped....... 25+ layers of hand cut topos with 2 buildings/trees/2 park areas.......

www.237am.com

just a quick image in the shop

Nov 8, 06 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
ohio79

I posted here...honestly I don't spend a lot of time on archinect. But you ARE right, this IS a shameless plug from someone who appreciates a consultant doing a great job. The details I mentioned, were not independant changes to the design, they were just thoughful ways of representing different material conditions.

237am did a nice job in a difficult circumstances. I thought this information might be helpful to someone else...That's all.

Nov 8, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
cracker

can you give us the link to the job ad you posted?

Nov 8, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hmmmm it's sort of weird that the post was deleted or moved... i searched the discussion and jobs board....hmmmm

but here's a link that i have post earlier regarding work
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=45189_0_42_0_C

Nov 8, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

You guys, if we can't let clients come here and give us unsolicited compliments without getting suspicious then we might have a problem. We are much too hard on ourselves already.

Nov 8, 06 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

very impressed with your work 237!!!

Nov 8, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks

the model took me about a week to do once i got the ball rolling....

2:37am

Nov 8, 06 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Beautiful model and a beautiful crate!

Nov 8, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

how much did you make from that gig?...might be a possible side gig for some extra cash in the future...and who ships crates like that?

Nov 8, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

impressive indeed. good work 237.

Nov 8, 06 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

something like that i'll be giving a kiss before i send it off...looks fragile in that box...i'd be paranoid the whole time that it'll get destroyed in transit...

Nov 8, 06 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

Everyones. i makes you very nice model. i cost you 72 cent day. no work for you. i make.

Nov 9, 06 12:01 am  · 
 · 
Katze

wow sounds like slavery at its best.

Nov 9, 06 12:05 am  · 
 · 
Katze

dammson - i feel your pain :) I'm sure 237 packed it nicely before shipping - lots of padding I'm sure. But like you I am curious who 237 trusts for shipping means...

Nov 9, 06 12:07 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I paid $350 to send a 1:6 model of a bike to Taiwan. When it got there only one piece broke off. Only one piece!

Nov 9, 06 12:09 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

aren't you two gonna flirt with each other soon?

Nov 9, 06 12:12 am  · 
 · 
Katze

sounds like a record! and what a bargain at $350 :)

Nov 9, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Oh dammson...

Nov 9, 06 12:29 am  · 
 · 
Katze

\m/ com'n dude...

Nov 9, 06 12:31 am  · 
 · 
binary

fed ex...... fully padded and secured..... you can do a full 360 with the box and it wont fall..... 2" padding with some compression....... and fully insured...... weighed in at 108pounds

2:37am

Nov 9, 06 2:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: