Figured you need your own thread...may prevent the drunk posts to Liberty Bell

Nov 5, 06 12:08 am
Katze

Here's to you garpike :)

Nov 5, 06 1:15 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha. Thanks guys.

I like mine dirty. No vermouth please. Oh and gin.

Nov 5, 06 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Did somebody mention gin?

Nov 5, 06 4:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

this may help to prevent the archinect version of the drink and dial...

Nov 5, 06 6:43 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

garpike, you are a delightful drunk.

Plus you are geeky enough to do math calculations re: arcane info like post:bit ratios, have super-cool sideburns, are funny, and play BASS! Which makes you pretty close to ideal in my book. And I'm not even drunk! Cheers!

Nov 5, 06 8:02 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

He plays bass too! I forgot about that. Yeah, he's automatically cool.

Nov 5, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 

because of garpike's recommendation, i have one of the best cheap but great point and shoot cameras in the market. it comes with a wide angle len. fuji e510.
btw, i do have a bass guitar and a cube amp. use to play it steady but my band moved to turkey.

Nov 5, 06 11:38 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

1775 was a good year. Paul Revere made his famous ride, Ben Franklin started the post office, and King George started pissing blue.

so here's to our very own prehistoric fishman.

Lepisosteidae - Gars - Lépisostés

Gars are found in freshwaters of North and Central Americac and Cuba, sometimes entering brackish water and rarely the sea. There are 7 species with 2 in Canada and 1 in the NCR.

Gars have elongate jaws ("gar" is Old English for spear) filled with needle-like teeth. The ganoid scales are heavy, peg and groove hinged, non-overlapping, rhombic and plate-like, forming an effective armour. The tail is abbreviate heterocercal, externally appearing symmetrical but heterocercal internally. An upper tail lobe disappears with growth. There are 3 branchiostegal rays. The swimbladder has a rich blood supply enabling the fish to breathe air through a connection to the gut. A school of gars will break the water surface to breathe air at the same time and reduce the chances of attack by predators. Vertebrae are peculiar in having an opisthocoelous shape - anterior end convex, posterior end concave, a kind of ball and socket joint - which is almost unique in fishes and more usually associated with amphibians and reptiles. Dorsal and anal fins are near the tail. They lack spines but have fulcra (angled scales) on their anterior edge. The alligator gar of the southern U.S.A. and central America is the largest species at 3 m and over 158 kg.

Cretaceous and Eocene fossil gars are known from North America, Europe, India and West Africa. Fossil gars have been reported from Ellesmere Island in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago, well north of their modern distribution. An Upper Cretaceous coprolite (fossil faecal matter) from Alberta contained remains of gar scales and vertebrae. The gar was probably eaten by a crocodile, an indication of the different faunas that Lepisosteus species have lived with in Canada.

Gars favour shallow, weedy areas of lakes and rivers. They are ambush predators, lying still or quietly stalking prey until it can be seized by a sudden rush. Their food is almost entirely fishes. They make excellent subjects for home aquaria when young and for public aquaria when large. Gars are not sought after by anglers since they are hard to hook in their elongate, bony jaws, but a few enthusiasts specialize in their capture. They are not a commercial fishery item. Gar scales and skins are occasionally made into jewelery, picture frames, purses and boxes. The scales can be highly polished.

more scientific jargon here

Nov 5, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

wait, i'm confused. does garpike work for either morphosis or field operations?

Nov 5, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

You guys rock! I appreciate all of it.

vado, I wouldn't count on it. But I'll try to refrain. Now if only there was a "delete my comment" button like MySpace. Oh well...

Steven, I work at neither. I'm am curious about your suspicions.

I like the name "garpike" because of the redundancy - "gar pike" = "spear spear". My live-action name means "mighty with a spear". How's that for geeky, lb?

Nov 5, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

it's a la confield thread insider thing...

Nov 5, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

garpike you are special and after thisguy you are the ace of bass...

Nov 5, 06 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Philip Lynott!

Nov 5, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I see the mo-fo in Cornfields. No relation.

Nov 5, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

fuck yea! Thin Lizzy! \m/

Nov 5, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

lets not forget about his good taste in bicycles!

Nov 5, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

my image of garpike is lemmy...yeah! ace of bass indeed.

Nov 5, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I like the name garpike because it sounds tough. And I remember you explaining once that it was redundant, which I think is very clever. Double-spear, hmmm.

Also tk's fish up there does indeed look like one badass mofo, no?

Nov 5, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

wait, let me get this straight...you get drunk, hit on married women, and you get you're ovn thread?

guess I need restock my liquor cabinet.

Nov 5, 06 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I love Ace of Base

Nov 5, 06 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

garpike is special...

\m/

Nov 5, 06 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wait...garpike is hitting on someone?! Who?!? Where?!?!?

Nov 5, 06 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I thought the same thing - what's going on here?|? What?|?

Nov 5, 06 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is the thread where garpike gets hit on...\m/

Nov 5, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

exactly..where is he anyway? Probably having a dirty gin martini :)

Nov 5, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you guys are playing out my \m/ too mch...

it might get old

Nov 6, 06 4:07 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

There was a time when every po-mo was a mo-fo ...

ah the good ol days

Nov 7, 06 12:33 am  · 
 · 
Katze

\m/ word

Nov 7, 06 12:40 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I am here. Worked too late last night to get on. I am at work now. Shhh...

Nov 7, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I haven't hit on anyone. But you can hit me if you want.

Nov 7, 06 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BIG JOKE

Nov 7, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

garpike.....you mean you haven't been sitting in the bar all day, deciding who you want to vote for. Seems like the kind of day where people might by you alot of drinks.

Nov 7, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I already called you "yummy", garpike. Not sure I can say more w/o getting in trouble.

Nov 7, 06 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha ha. Ok, lb.

snooker, sitting in the office. Voted already - not much deciding to be done. No alcohol for me. Maybe later.

Sorry, mdler...

Nov 7, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

garpike you are soooooooooooooo YUMMY!!!

Nov 7, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB- the only receipe I have for pike is to make this:

can someone please pass the horseradish?

Nov 7, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

hit hit hit'n (on garpike)... \m/ word mmmm treekiller, pike looks good.

Nov 8, 06 1:15 am  · 
 · 
garpike

vado, I like that song too.

treekiller is such a nice poster. I witnessed the most thoughtful act of advising on posting images and resizing. That made my day.

Katze I said "hit me" but I'll accept "hit on". Meow. (No, I'm not a masochist)

Nov 8, 06 1:21 am  · 
 · 
Katze

blackjack :) we all know your not a masochist! :) meow. Carry on..

Nov 8, 06 1:31 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

my evil twin made that post ;-)

Nov 8, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

he's in line for rummy's job...

Nov 8, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: