Archinect
anchor

gehry interview on fresh air NPR

e909
http://freshair.npr.org/

logging on here was Q@#Q#$ed up, so it's already been on air (west coast)

also interview is no big deal

Jul 27, 04 4:52 pm
Mason White

agreed that interview was weak ... but that terry gross for you.

the fact that he is working on his own house was juicy. He described it as a "Philip Johnson-like pavilion garden setting" about 1/2 acre lot in Venice. Maybe this is a rite of passge for seventy-something architects. Better alert Eisenman that its time to make 'pavilions' for himself. Just think its funny that houses are now described as pavilions, like it is an world expo, not a place to sleep.

Jul 27, 04 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
duddy kravitz

Yeah well i have been finding bullshitter is part of the territory if your an eisenman or gehry

Jul 28, 04 4:10 am  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

he gave a real shitty presentation of his work for millenium park in chicago last week...i it didn't help that charlie rose didnt show.....gehry has minions that do and presnt his work for him.....then he gets all the credit, pitiful. Luckily i got in free.

Jul 28, 04 4:26 am  · 
 · 
rizzdizzl

oh yeah dont get me started on Blair kamin...this arrogant as fool mentioned his yale alumni status seven times

Jul 28, 04 4:28 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Mason, Terry's questions weren't incredibly insightful, but I don't think ANYONE could interview Gehry in a way that makes him interesting to listen to! I've seen him speak twice and he's just boring, boring, boring in public forums. His work is so dynamic and yet he comes across so dull when he presents it. Yesterday's interview was a perfect case in point.

Jul 28, 04 11:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: