Archinect
anchor

Paracloud

Sylvester

Has anyone tried this software? - compared to Microstation it seems much more user friendly, but i havent been able to get hands on the beta version yet...
www.paracloud.com

Oct 30, 06 10:32 am
guppy

this looks really killer...and plugs into rhino apparently. If the website is any indication, seems closer to alpha than beta testing. If you find a beta copy, let me know

Oct 30, 06 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
futureboy

saw him lecture...it is very beta...i don't think that the program is available for distribution yet. basically its a VBA scripting program that links into a CAD engine....He obviously was very influential in developing Foster's in-house scripting programs as this is very similar to the ones he is currently deploying.

Oct 30, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
sim1

I have be using it for the last month trying to solve a few problems.
it is still beta but works well and the author is very helpful have had 2 skype conversation with him regarding what i was trying to do.

it hasn't been able to do exactly what i want but its not as unfriendly as the Microstation software in my view. well worth the money

Oct 29, 07 5:02 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

do you know if you can use a spreadsheet program other than Excel 2003??

Oct 29, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

it needs excel 2007.

Oct 30, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

so this is the software package per has been working on!

Oct 30, 07 12:36 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

these guys are really pumping the cloud:

Oct 30, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

is there any other alternate to paracloud for rhino? a nother parametric plug in?

Jun 22, 08 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Synergy

Do some of you Architects use Microstation? I always thought it was almost exclusively used by civil engineers.

Jun 22, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

projects for teh federal government require microstation.

Jun 22, 08 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Synergy

wow, I knew it was required for many federal and state highway jobs but didn't realize it extended to building projects as well. Sweet deal for Bentley.

Jun 22, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

is GC just aplug in for microstation?

Jun 22, 08 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Synergy,

My firm (nationwide firm, 800 + employees) uses Microstation.

Jun 22, 08 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

for n___ and her 799+ coworkers! hi n___!!!

Jun 22, 08 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the FED requires a BIM model it doesn't have to be Bentley

Jun 23, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Hello, Mr. Retro!

Jun 23, 08 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

Anyone have a student copy of Paracloud? is it worth spending the $170? what limitations does it have compared to the camercial lisence?

thanks

Jun 23, 08 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I have it and it is worth it. It is the same as the commercial version...you do have to email proof of attendance.

Jun 23, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i would buy it if it worked with Open Office

i have seen some great work done with this and other plugins for rhino

math
archcut
grasshopper

Jun 23, 08 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: