Archinect
anchor

Vectorworks to Illustrator

melvin

Any of you know how to open a pdf created in vectorworks up in illustrator without screwing up the lineweights?

In autocad, when you use the distiller print mode, you could open the file in illustrator and the lines would have the correct lineweights associated with your pentable

In Vectorworks, when I print as a pdf it looks fine, but if I open that .pdf up in Illustrator, the lineweights get super nasty.

Anyhelp? Or perhaps another suggestion for taking lineweights from vectorworks to illustrator

Jul 27, 04 11:29 am
bigness

i believe illustrator discards the lineweight.
i al ways use eps's, they usually open fine. some files just dont work, so i open them in photoshop, save as a high res psd and then to illustratos (usually 1 out of 10 files).

Jul 27, 04 11:35 am  · 
 · 
melvin

thanks bigness

i was just told that exporting a .dwg out of vectorworks, then opening that in illustrator will work, and it did. You just have to make sure that you don't 'scale to fit artboard' when you open it in illustrator

Jul 27, 04 11:49 am  · 
 · 
bigness

cool...can you then edit each single line as independent vectors?

Jul 27, 04 11:51 am  · 
 · 
melvin

looks like it. you also can preserve the layers when you open it in illustrator, so you can select all a-wall, i.e., and turn them all to a certain lineweight, fill, etc. But that should already be done in vectorworks as far as lineweight is concerned

Jul 27, 04 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: