Archinect
anchor

architorture blues

mad+dash

anyone know of a good blues cd i could go pick up?

Jul 27, 04 7:11 am
Larry

Anything on the Fat Possum Record Label. Especially, Sad Days, Lonely Nights, Junior Kimbrough.

http://www.fatpossum.com/home.html

Jul 27, 04 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

robert johnson complete recordings. . . the foundation of any blues (or music) collection.

Jul 27, 04 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

Blind Willie Johnson and his wife singin' an preachin'... that's the real stuff!

Jul 27, 04 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

i'm pretty sure she's not blues, but norah jones rocks me at midnight. I also mellow out to Mindi Abair's sexy jazz.

Other noted tunes (also not blues) that should be considered are:
Sigrus, porcupine tree,St. Germain, creeper lagoon and Edie Brickell

Jul 27, 04 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
e909

Rory Gallagher
canned heat

and there's always the hard stuff. zep's

"Well they call me the hunter, that's my name. "

http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/L/Led%20Zeppelin/Led%20Zeppelin%20-%20How%20Many%20More%20Times%20lyrics.htm

Jul 27, 04 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
proto

if you want to browse, there are some good lists on amazon.

Jul 28, 04 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

the tribute to Mississippi John Hurt Avalon Blues (with Beck, Lucinda Williams et altri) is really good . also check out the Chess Records catalogue.. look for Muddy Waters "At Newport 1960" that's a powerful blues record

Jul 28, 04 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Don't you live in Barcelona? How could you have the blues? The Spanish take an average of 45 days of holiday a year- more than anyone else in Europe.! Forget the Blues. Live the summer.

Jul 28, 04 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

Umm.. I don't need to have the blues to hear blues music.. there are diferent kinds of blues you can hear, depending on the mood you're in...

"I would think that music is sort of like a language. You always tell stories through song, same as you do with a language. You tell someone you care about them or you don't care about them. Or something you like or you dislike. I think I would like my music to let the listener decide for himself what they like or dislike. I'd prefer that while a person (is listening) they search themselves and think of happy things. That's what I'd like. I'd like for them also to have a good time while listening."
BB King

I don't think most of the people here have more than 1 month -usually August- of holidays... that's the norm. Of course there are people that have just 15 days.. and then there are architects and other types of creatures that barely have a week.

And i'm not spanish, i'm catalan. Period.

Jul 28, 04 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
billy

charlie patton - definitave delta blues. before robert johnson. before son house...

e909 -
might as well throw savoy brown in with the seventies brit scene.
and roy harper as well.

on a nearly similar note:
believe it or not the first few foghat (yeah, 'slow ride' etc) lps were pretty great. and don't get me started on the brilliance of ronnie montrose...

Jul 28, 04 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: