Archinect
anchor

Drawing and Presentation styles... wheres the debate and howto's?

CasperRegime

I have just been wondering about BIG's conceptual diagrams like these below the renderings. And they are characteristical BIG in simplicity, it's very refreshing and a very good tool grabbing decision makers attention.

I have been looking for a forum or discussion about the importance and idea behind drawing and presentation and I would like to know a little more about how poeple are doing their stuff in which software(even tho it's prolly secret stuff)

any suggestion?

Either to where to look for the debate or which workflow y'all are using with which software?

Thanks fellars

Apr 27, 12 2:54 am
Bench

I found I could make fairly complex diagrams simply and easily using a workflow of SketchUp > CAD > Illustrator (and you don't even really need the CAD in the middle). In SketchUp Pro (has to be Pro) you can export your model as a 2D drawing, but taken from any snapshot you want. So choose the view you want (I was using Ctrl+7 to get the Axo view), export 2D into a Cad file and open that up in Cad. Scale to your liking and then open it in Illustrator to get any final graphic design in that you want. I'll try to post up a pic of my first time using this workflow; turned out better than I was expecting

Apr 27, 12 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
CasperRegime

NICE BenC! looking forward....

And it's funny because I find that these conceptual diagrams have a lot of potential to portray social and behavioral functionallity in designs. But it seems to end at irrelevant conceptual ideas for the sake of "concepts" like... Why have mountains on top of the office?

Apr 28, 12 8:50 am  · 
 · 
jurysdykcja

rhino (renderind and  make2d lines), overlayed and edited in illustrator. Super simple stuff

Apr 29, 12 11:15 am  · 
 · 
CasperRegime

So to take the practicallity a step further... The animations BIG does with their diagrams. Would that be done in after effects?

Apr 30, 12 7:57 am  · 
 · 
i r giv up

ew sketchup.

Apr 30, 12 8:24 am  · 
 · 
zonker

I have been doing the entire 3D and 2D design diagrammatic process in Revit - Similar to what BiG does - everything is represented here - site all traffic, energy and solar flows. 

Apr 30, 12 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
CasperRegime

@zenakis Animated?

May 9, 12 8:45 am  · 
 · 
zonker

No - actually, I use options to convey each step in the design evolution and have views for each option to show how the design progresses. this way you can see what is happening like stills to a movie. - from this, you can make deductions and perform a reduction option to arrive at a final solution - or just continue. Similar to what B.I.G. does but I was doing this when I was a video game environment designer for Rockstar games.

May 9, 12 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: