Archinect
anchor

accept job at Gensler?

yakyak

I am considering a job at Gensler. I've heard good and bad things about working there. I would appreciate any thoughts/advice...

Oct 18, 06 3:31 pm
quizzical

Which office ?

Oct 18, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
yakyak

I'm from the south so I was thinking about Tampa, DC or Houston

Oct 18, 06 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

you're going to have to give us a lot more information if you want any help.

Oct 18, 06 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

wait, have you been offered a position? Your title makes it sound like you have, but your indecisiveness about locations makes it seem like you haven't...

Oct 18, 06 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I know three people in the Houston office and they all seem to like it.

Oct 18, 06 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
Klaymen

hm, same boat. any one hear about the SF office?

Oct 18, 06 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
yakyak

ok friends, thanks for the responses! but let me rephrase, if you are working, or have previously worked for Gensler, what are your thoughts on the experience? what did it do for your career? what does it take to be successful there? I'd just like to get some general feedback from any and all who have been there. The particulars of my own situation are not important.

Oct 19, 06 12:38 am  · 
 · 
yakyak

Fogey, didja work @ Gensler? You say all the offices are different... are some thought/known to be better than others?

Oct 19, 06 12:50 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

I had brief experience working with Gensler on a collaborative project in Houston.
I wasn't too impressed with those I worked with-generic and avergage ideas. Also, the work out here that Gensler does just isn't all that great. "Architecture of Ideas" not so sure.
However, I cannot say that this was a reflection of the entire Houston office.

Oct 19, 06 1:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: