Archinect
anchor

GRE scores

planX

How soon should I take the Gre exam to get the results by the application deadline of Dec 1st. That's when the application form is due.

Oct 18, 06 11:00 am

NOW

Oct 18, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
not_here

hmmm i took mine in early nov. for a dec 15 deadline. so just about now.

Oct 18, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 
planX

Thanks guys. now I am really depressed.

Oct 18, 06 11:12 am  · 
 · 

Sorry for depressing you, but it's the truth. You're actually a bit late to the GRE party here. The GRE's not that bad though. Maybe get the flashcard vocabulary words to study, because they use some really obscure words, but I found the math to actually be much easier than the SAT math was, more on the vein of what a seventh grade teacher would call 'word problems'.

Oct 18, 06 11:52 am  · 
 · 
sparch

how long does it take to get GRE score back?
i was planning to take GRE on early Jan for Feb. 1 dead line

Oct 18, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
planX

It says on the GRE website that it is 10-15days.

Oct 18, 06 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
DEVicox

10-15 days for verban/math. Written takes 4-6 weeks? This is confusing. Time should be alloted for the written to get there regardless of the verbal/math?

Oct 18, 06 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

you get the scores right when you are done, minus the analytical writing portion...that takes two weeks. You can pay like 10 bucks to get early info via phone, electronically. The information is on the GRE website. I took mine in August preparing for the fall, just in case I needed to take it again if I happened to bomb, but I think I did well enough. good luck.

Oct 18, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
soleil

to offer some perspective - if a school is seriously considering accepting an MArch candidate (a decision based almost entirely on portfolio, btw - then transcript, then GRE) and they have not received the GRE score of said applicant by the deadline - the school will wait for the scores (understand i'm talking weeks, not months). So - if you haven't taken the GRE yet, its not the end of the earth and you certainly shouldn't stress out over it. This rule also applies to letters of recommendation that may be submitted late - its simply not worth giving yourselves an ulcer over.

now, take a deep breath and get to work on that portfolio!

Oct 18, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

good luck getting an appointment at the computer place.

Oct 18, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

althought i am not the one who made this post. but i have one more question to ask.

english is my 2nd language, and honestly, i don't think i can crack 1000 even if i study (i may crack it if i study my butts off)

what's the min. score of GRE do i need?

if i rephrase it... what min GRE score do i need to get, so reviewers wouldn't think of me as a retard, and still accept me to their school?

for info. i am at UIC (U of IL at Chicago), and planning to apply to UIC and UIUC (UIUC doesn't require GRE luckily)

Oct 19, 06 2:07 am  · 
 · 
Schnurrbart

English is not my first language either, and I got something like 680 on the verbal section. I think you actually do better if you're a non-native speaker, because you know that you have to study, instead of assuming that you know the vocabulary. By all means, do study your butt off.

Oct 19, 06 4:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: