Archinect
anchor

web pdf viewer

khmay

i'd like to put a portfolio [40 400x800px page pdf] on my site. i know flash but not well enough to make a clean slideshow.

any recommendations for viewing a multi-page pdf online? tutorials, templates, examples?

k

Oct 16, 06 6:03 pm
24-7tecture

try pagemaker (adobe) Ive never used it but some friends and co-workers have - they tell me its easy and has tutorials. Good Luck!

Oct 17, 06 12:27 am  · 
 · 
Katze

If you change your mind on flash, you might find some useful examples on this site. They offer some simple and easy to follow guidelines, templates and support files on how to create a web based portfolio.

Oct 17, 06 1:05 am  · 
 · 
khmay

thanks. i guess to be more specific im lookng for some type of xml or java template that can handle something like a 40 page doc. i hvae a flash portfolio but wanted something i could quicly toss updated pdf copy into

Oct 17, 06 3:53 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Just link directly to the PDF. PDFs are viewed in Acrobat reader, so they have nothing to do with Javascript (I assume you meant javascript, not java, totally different) or xml.

24-7 - Pagemaker is long dead. I believe they killed it (or started killing it) about 7+ years ago! Tell your coworkers to step into the light and buy InDesign!! That's what I used in '96!

Oct 17, 06 8:28 am  · 
 · 
khmay

yeah i wanted to embed the pdf in html as a slideshow but that's not possible. i suppose i could just convert it all the jpgs and put them in swf

Oct 17, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

khmay - are you using a WYSIWYG (e.g. Dreamweaver?) I found an extention that might get the job done.

Oct 17, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze
and it's not free

Here is another example that might work???

Oct 17, 06 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Have a look at this site - BKK - a PDF launches for every category. Is just a simple link to a file, and easy for you to modify and for people to print.

Oct 17, 06 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
24-7tecture

trace thanks I'll pass on the info

Oct 22, 06 3:32 am  · 
 · 
gruen
Really ARCHINECT major domos, can we restrict posting to massively old threads? It's only these spam merchants who reply to them with this crap.
Mar 6, 14 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: